by Hayley Mermelstein: I have been asked a lot of questions about chakras….
I am no expert on the subject but I have been studying and starting to implement them into my meditation routine. It is a bit more advanced for a beginner but I would not let that discourage you. I do recommend that you start with the basics and stay there until you feel very comfortable sitting for a period each day so that it has become a part of your daily routine.
A very good way to begin to tap into your chakras is by using certain affirmations while you are meditating. These affirmations are designed to correspond with each of the 7 chakras. Remember that everything in the universe is energy in the form of vibrating wave lengths. So everything has a frequency and therefore a corresponding musical sound and a color. That is why the 7 chakras are always represented by 7 colors.
Move on to the next page to learn about the 7 affirmations to heal and balance your chakras.
I got this article over at Mind Body Green which is one of my favorite websites. The beginning of the article talks about the practice of Tong Ren, which may seem a little strange to you, but don’t be put off. Keep reading and you will learn how to use the affirmations without practicing Tong Ren. This is a great way to begin balancing your chakras even if you are a beginner. The picture I included will also give you a little info about the chakras. Balancing and aligning your chakras can balance and align all aspects of your life. It is very powerful.
Over 15 years ago, my teacher Tom Tam, an acupuncturist and energy healer, picked up an acupuncture doll and began tapping on specific acupuncture points with a magnetic hammer. Lo and behold, as he tapped the doll, the person who he was working on at the time actually felt a miraculous, energetic shift in their body. This tapping technique began spreading all over the country and widely became known as Tong Ren.
As a healer myself, I was of course intrigued and decided I needed to learn this mysterious, yet remarkably simple energy healing technique. When I first learned how to do Tong Ren, my initial thoughts were: this is too crazy and out there, even for me! And truth be told, I am known for being pretty “out there.”
Quite frankly, tapping on a doll to heal a human seemed far too weird — kind of like Voodoo.
Slowly however, the technique began to grow on me and I started practicing Tong Ren. And to my utmost surprise, people actually felt it! They felt the energy I was channeling, and they experienced shifts in their body and mind as well.
I was so inspired, that I developed an entire healing system based on Tong Ren and called it: Tong Ren Chakra Balancing.
This energy healing technique involves tapping onto the seven chakras of a Tong Ren doll with a magnetic hammer, for the purpose of balancing the chakra system. When the chakras comes into greater alignment, all aspects of life can come into greater alignment as well.
The 7 Chakras are the energy centers in our body in which energy flows through.
Blocked energy in our 7 Chakras can often lead to illness so it’s important to understand what each Chakra represents and what we can do to keep this energy flowing freely. Here’s our quick summary:
1. Root Chakra – Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
- Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
- Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money, and food.
- More on Root Chakra healing
2. Sacral Chakra – Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
- Location: Lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel and 2 inches in.
- Emotional issues: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, sexuality.
- More on Sacral Chakra healing
3. Solar Plexus Chakra – Our ability to be confident and in-control of our lives.
- Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
- Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence, self-esteem.
- More on Solar Plexus Chakra healing
4. Heart Chakra – Our ability to love.
- Location: Center of chest just above heart.
- Emotional issues: Love, joy, inner peace.
- More on Heart Chakra healing
5. Throat Chakra – Our ability to communicate.
- Location: Throat.
- Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings, the truth.
- More on Throat Chakra healing
6. Third Eye Chakra – Our ability to focus on and see the big picture.
- Location: Forehead between the eyes. (Also called the Brow Chakra)
- Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions.
- More on Third Eye Chakra healing
7. Crown Chakra – The highest Chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
- Location: The very top of the head.
- Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality, pure bliss.
- More on Crown Chakra healing
You can use this technique to balance your own chakras, or even the chakras of another person. The Tong Ren doll is simply an energetic representation of whomever it is you are treating.
When you tap onto the chakras of the Tong Ren doll with the Tong Ren hammer, you say an affirmation for each chakra. As you tap on each of the seven chakras, you would say an affirmation for each chakra.
Here are seven affirmations you can use on each of the chakras as you tap on your Tong Ren doll with a hammer. If you don’t have access to a doll, you can just use these affirmations on yourself by visualizing the corresponding color of each chakra.
1. Root Chakra (Muladhara): “I am disciplined. I attend to my mind, body and spirit everyday.”
2. Sacral Chakra (Svadhisthana) “I am filled with creativity.”
3. Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura): “I accept myself completely.”
4. Heart Chakra (Anahata): “I am a radiant being of light and love.”
5. Throat Chakra (Vishuddha): “I am fully expressive. I express myself fully and appropriately.”
6. Third Eye Chakra (Ajna): “I am wise.”
7. Crown Chakra (Sahasrara): “I let go and I trust the process of life.”
Although this may seem like a simple technique, it has amazing power to balance and align your chakra system and improve the overall quality of your life.
Source: Mind Body Green