Los Angeles, CA USA
Foundation of Teaching
Transformational healing through music, love, presence, compassion
Example of Teaching
“To have soul, you must somewhere be connected to the divine presence. People who ‘have soul’ have a certain way of expressing themselves. What they’re saying is real;they have the facility, the ability to touch you. There’s the sense that they’re not trying to transmit anything.”
Total Views: 6691
Rickie Byars Beckwith
Rickie Byars Beckwith is one of the 21st century’s most revered singer-songwriters whose transcendent music opens the heart, touches the soul, and uplifts the spirit.
Rickie’s extensive music catalogue is heard on the radio and on soundtracks for movies and television. Her songs of unconditional love and spiritual transformation are the highlight of consciousness raising events throughout the world. She has performed in five sessions with His Holiness the Dalai Lama, at Green Festivals across North America, and at countless Peace Concerts that promote unity and the principles of non-violence.
“Spirit encourages me to be a voice of inspiration,” says Rickie. In being an example of change and possibility, Rickie supports numerous organizations that work tirelessly to help improve the lives of others. Several times each year, Rickie organizes benefit performances and music compilations that help gather ideas and resources that bring “Water to a Dry Land.”
In Culver City, California, Rickie is the Music and Arts Director of the Agape International Spiritual Center where she directs the 200-member Agape International Choir. Together with her husband, Rev. Dr. Michael Bernard Beckwith, founder of the Agape International Spiritual Center, their powerful partnership has resulted in a dynamic catalogue of songs that enable transformational healing through the power of music.
Backed by some of the most accomplished musicians from Los Angeles and beyond, the Agape International Choir is heard daily throughout North America, Europe, Ghana, South Africa, Egypt, India – and all places in between. Featured guest artists who regularly perform with the Choir include John Legend, Will.I.Am, Stevie Wonder, Niki Haris, Brenda Marie Eager, and Tim McAfee-Lewis.
Articles and Posts
- Rickie Byars-Beckwith & Michael Beckwith To Be Soulful, You Have to Flowviews: 3422
An interview with Michael Beckwith & Rickie Byars-Beckwith by Andrew Cohen: Whether it’s soul music or soul food or finding one’s soul mate, the intangible quality commonly referred to as soul moves like a powerful undercurrent in contemporary culture. So we wanted to ask: What [...]
- Michael Bernard and Rickie Byars Beckwith, Inspirational Singer-Songwriter and The Secret to Divine Grandparentingviews: 4479
Based on Pat Burns’ interview with Michael Bernard Beckwith, Ph.D., and Rickie Byars Beckwith, Ph.D. Twenty-five years ago, Michael Bernard Beck with founded the Agape International Spiritual Center in Los Angeles, a trans-denominational spiritual community that now has 9,000 members and over [...]
View all Articles and Posts
- Rickie Byars Beckwith "We Let It Be" w/ Gateway to Agape choirviews: 2115
- "Genesis" Rickie Byars Beckwith and The Agape International Choirviews: 2099
- Rickie Byars Beckwith & The Agape International Choir - "Something Turned Me Around" - LIVEviews: 2213
- Rickie Byars Beckwithviews: 1816
- Rickie Byars Beckwith - "I Thank You"views: 2048
- Ricki Byars-Beckwith "Morning Chant"views: 2861
1. Spirit encourages me to be a voice of inspiration.”
2. "To have soul, you must somewhere be connected to the divine presence. People who 'have soul' have a certain way of expressing themselves. What they’re saying is real;they have the facility, the ability to touch you. There’s the sense that they’re not trying to transmit anything."
3. "...a soulful person may not necessarily be the one who dances well, but they may have a great appreciation for those who can! And in their love for it, they’re poised. Soulful people love; they have a connection to this greater love and to the divine. John Coltrane . . . he had soul."
4. "When someone’s connected, when a person totally gets it, things come together. They’re not speaking from their intellect; they’re speaking from something greater. There’s something speaking through them that is it—that is beyond."
5. "To be honest, I think it’s unsoulful to try to describe soul, but I’ll try anyway! It is love and realness. And it’stiming. There’s a time for you to express that song. Some people will know it’s time, and others won’t recognize it."
6. I feel like when we can stay light at heart, we can be light on our feet. And if you can be light on your feet, you can be flexible. If you can be flexible, you can be happy."