Park City, Utah USA
Foundation of Teaching
Anthropology, Psychology, Shamanism, Luminous Energy Field
Example of Teaching
“With a visceral understanding of our power to dream, we realize that we can share this experience of infinity right here, right now, and stop feeling dissociated and disconnected.”
Total Views: 16928
P.O. Box 680675
Park City, UT 84068-0675
Alberto Villoldo Ph.D.
Cuban-born psychologist and anthropologist, Alberto Villoldo has studied the shamanic healing practices of the Amazon and Incas for over 25 years.
In the jungles and high mountains of the Andes, Alberto Villoldo would discover that we are more than flesh and bone, that we are absolutely fashioned of Spirit and light. This unending Luminous Energy Field exists in every cell of our bodies … it is up to us to recognize and work with this awesome gift to change the very nature of our living.
In 1984, Dr. Villoldo founded the world-renowned Institute of Energy Medicine, Four Winds Society to bring the teachings of these master healers to the West. In the two-year program, Villoldo trains individuals in the practice of energy medicine and “soul retrieval”.
Villoldo graduated in 1969 with a bachelor’s degree in Inter-American Studies, followed by a master’s in Psychology and a doctorate in psychology at the Humanistic Psychology Institute. While on the faculty of San Francisco State University, Villoldo founded and directed the Biological Self Regulation Laboratory where he investigated the effects of energy healing on blood and brain chemistry.
In 2011 Villoldo produced a documentary Amazonia: Healing With Sacred Plants which focuses on the sacred plants of the Peru’s Amazon region. In the film he chronicles the work of the master shamans, and explains the process and theory behind the use of ayahuasca, the ‘vine of the souls.’
Today, Alberto Villoldo is a best-selling author. In all of his teachings and writings, Alberto shares the experience of infinity’s easy ability to heal and transform us, to free us from the temporal chains that keep us fettered to illness, old age and disease.
Articles and Posts
- What Is The Sacred Dream - Dr. Alberto Villoldoviews: 155
by Dr. Alberto Villoldo: The shamans of the Andes know and serve a sacred dream, one that guides planets across the heavens and our human destiny here on Earth… The sacred dream is a map to the future, but has no paths [...]
- The Importance Of Daydreamingviews: 193
by Dr. Alberto Villoldo: Creative daydreaming is a hallmark of higher brain function… Hunter-gatherers, like our forebears, traditionally invest about three hours a day in procuring food and devote the rest of their time to leisure, art, and dreaming. The Hadza [...]
- The Power Of Ti - Dr. Alberto Villoldoviews: 293
by Dr. Alberto Villoldo: The Inka believed they were children of the Ti… Well-intentioned academics translated this as the children of the sun, but they were mistaken. Ti means the light. The sun is the source of light, but it is not the light, just as a flashlight is not [...]
- How Shamans Dream The World Into Being - Alberto Villoldoviews: 170
by Alberto Villoldo: The power to dream is the power to participate in creation itself… Whether you realize it or not, we are all dreaming the world into being. What we’re engaging in is not the sleeping dream we’re familiar [...]
- Awaken Interviews Alberto Villoldo Pt 3 - Wake Up, Grow Up And Then You Show Upviews: 401
Donna Quesada: So, you are addressing the role of the gut, quite a bit… The role of the brain… I want to put together these pieces for those who are curious and want to approach this plan seriously. In your [...]
- Munay Ki Nº3 ¨AUSANGATE¨ ALBERTO VILLOLDOviews: 3835
- This Sacred Earth: The 2012 Phenomenon (Teaser for documentary)views: 3680
- Dr. Alberto Villoldo: This Sacred Earth Homo Luminous Choosing to Evolveviews: 3615
- Munay Ki Nº2 "THE COSMIC SERPENT" Alberto Villoldoviews: 3628
- Munay Ki N°1 "ORIGIN" ALBERTO VILLOLDOviews: 3190
- "The history of human consciousness is marked by the battle between the old awareness, the ways of fear, and the new awareness, the ways of love."
- "There are two kinds of people in the world: those who are dreamers and those who are being dreamed."
- "The nature of the cosmos is such that whatever vision you have about yourself and the world will become reality."
- "Whether we realize it or not, we are all dreaming the world into being. What we’re engaging in is not the sleeping act we’re so familiar with, but rather a type of dreaming we do with our eyes open."
- "As soon as you awaken to the power you have, you begin to flex the muscles of your courage. Then you can dream bravely: letting go of your limiting beliefs and pushing past your fears. You can start to come up with a truly original dream that germinates in your soul and bears fruit in your life."
- "Courageous dreaming allows you to create from the source, the quantum soup of the universe where everything exists in a latent or potential state."
- "When the first chakra is disconnected from the feminine Earth, we can feel orphaned and motherless. The masculine principle predominates, and we look for security from material things. Individuality prevails over relationship, and selfish drives triumph over family, social and global responsibility."
- "The more separated we become from the Earth, the more hostile we become to the feminine. We disown our passion, our creativity, and our sexuality. Eventually the Earth itself becomes a baneful place."