Total Views: 6022
Lynne Twist — a global activist, fundraiser, speaker, consultant, and author — has dedicated her life to global initiatives that serve the best instincts in all of us. She has raised hundreds of millions of dollars and trained thousands of fundraisers to be more effective in their work.
Lynne has spent more than three decades working in positions of leadership with many global initiatives including: ending world hunger, protecting the world’s rainforests, empowering indigenous peoples, improving health, economic, and political conditions for women and children, advancing the scientific understanding of human consciousness, creating a sustainable future for all life.
An original staff member of The Hunger Project, an organization started in 1977 to end world hunger, Lynne served as a leader of this global initiative for 20 years. During those years she created and managed the worldwide fundraising operation. As she traveled the world learning how to work in a multitude of different cultures, Lynne developed profound wisdom about our relationship to money and the way it governs, dominates, and stresses our lives.
The compelling stories and insights gained from her experiences inspire Lynne’s keynotes and workshops, and are the foundation for her best selling, award winning book “The Soul of Money.” Lynne founded the Soul of Money Institute to express her commitment to supporting and empowering people in finding peace and sufficiency in their relationship with money and the money culture.
Lynne and her husband have three adult children and five grandchildren and live in San Francisco, California.
Articles and Posts
- Our collective dream: Lynne Twist at TEDxMarinviews: 524
Lynne Twist is a global activist, fundraiser, consultant and author — has devoted her life to bringing forth an environmentally sustainable, socially just, and spiritually fulfilled human presence on earth… Lynne is Co-Founder of The Pachamama Alliance, Bestselling Author of [...]
- 5 Questions for Lynne Twistviews: 2121
by Alma Tassi: The venerable Lynne Twist has traversed the world speaking about finances, leadership, and social justice… She has inspired thousands to rethink their relationship with money and will be one of the many brilliant speakers featured at the Success [...]
- Making A Living That Affirms Lifeviews: 2491
Lynne Twist: Each of us experiences a lifelong tug-of-war between our money interests and the calling of our soul. When we’re in the domain of soul, we act with integrity. We are thoughtful and generous, allowing, courageous, and committed. We [...]
- Waging Peaceviews: 2659
By Lynne Twist: Dr. Robert Muller, former assistant secretary general of the United Nations, now Chancellor emeritus of the University of Peace in Costa Rica was one of the people who witnessed the founding of the U.N. and has worked in [...]
- Find a Place To Standviews: 1936
by Lynne Twist Over two thousand years ago, the mathematician Archimedes said, “Give me a place to stand, and I’ll move the world.” Taking a stand is a way of living and being that draws on a place within yourself that is [...]
View all Articles and Posts
- Lynne Twist Generosity Is linked To Lower Stress And Better Health And Makes Us Happierviews: 1890
- Opportunity within the Economic Crisisviews: 1941
- The Pachamama Alliance and Kapawi Eco Lodgeviews: 1972
- Taking a Standviews: 2141
- Can Money Have A Soul?views: 2078
- Our Collective Dream: Lynne Twist at TEDx Marin 2012views: 2137
View all Videos
- "When you let go of trying to get more of what you don't really need, it frees up oceans of energy to make a difference with what you have."
- "The happiest and most joyful people I know are those who express themselves through channeling their resources – money, when they have it – on to their highest commitments. Theirs is a world where the experience of wealth is in sharing what they have, giving, allocating, and expressing themselves authentically with the money they put in flow."
- "When you make a difference with what you have - it expands."
- "We find sufficiency and sustainable prosperity when we think of our resources as a flow that is meant to be shared, when we put our full attention on making a difference with what we have, and when we partner with others in ways that expand and deepen that experience."
- "It could be said that a great fund-raiser is a broker for the sacred energy of money, helping people use the money that flows through their lives in the most useful way that is consistent with their aspirations and hopes for humanity."
- "What you appreciate - appreciates."
- "I suggest that sufficiency is precise. Enough is a place you can arrive at and dwell in. So often we think of "abundance'" as the point at which we'll know we've really arrived, but abundance continues to be elusive if we think we'll find it in some excessive amount of something."