Los Angeles, California USA
Foundation of Teaching
Spiritual Healing, Personal Empowerment, Shamanism, Love
Example of Teaching
“I think what is important is that you believe in yourself and your relationship to the Divine, whatever that is for you.”
Total Views: 4291
Lynn V. Andrews
2934 1/2 Beverly Glen Circle
Los Angeles, CA 90077
Lynn Andrews is the New York Times and internationally best-selling author of the Medicine Woman Series, which chronicles her three decades of study and work with shaman healers on four continents. Her study of the way of the sacred feminine began with Agnes Whistling Elk and Ruby Plenty Chiefs, Native American healers in northern Canada. Her quest for spiritual discovery continued with a Shaman Curendera of the Mayan Yucatan; an Aboriginal woman of high degree in the Australian Outback or Nepalese healer in the foothills of the Himalayas.
Today, she is recognized as a leader in the fields of spiritual healing and personal empowerment. A shaman healer and mystic, Ms. Andrews is widely acknowledged as a link between the ancient world of shamanism and modern societies thirst for profound personal healing and a deeper understanding of the pathway to enlightenment.
She is initiated as a member of the Sisterhood of the Shields, 44 women who are healers from cultures as diverse as Panama, Guatemala, Australia, Nepal, North America and the Yucatan. Remaining hidden, the Sisterhood has appointed Ms. Andrews as their public messenger. In addition to her Medicine Woman Series, she has written an additional 19 best selling books and workbooks about her work with these women and their unique and deeply profound teachings. Passed from generation to generation, their teachings, born of the sacred feminine, has been practiced, guarded and handed down from shaman to apprentice, mother to daughter, for over 5,000 years.
Together with her teachers, Lynn Andrews is the architect of the Personal Act of Power, finding balance around the sacred wheel of life. She presents these shamanic teachings in her four year program at the Lynn Andrews Center for the Sacred Arts and Training; provides online courses for conscious dreaming and manifesting your personal acts of power; and hosts annual live gatherings for shamanic healing and empowerment in Santa Fe, New Mexico and Hawaii, and Egypt.
Articles and Posts
- Interview with Lynn Andrewsviews: 2411
By Edie Weinstein-Moser, Wisdom Magazine: When the word ‘shaman’ is voiced, an image of someone of an indigenous culture comes to mind. Rare is the person who visualizes a blond, Nordic looking woman; a former art dealer with a ‘mainstream’ [...]
- A Time of Reckoning by Lynn Andrewsviews: 2925
Lynn Andrews: Early in my work with Agnes Whistling Elk and Ruby Plenty Chiefs, two native healers from the north of Canada, Agnes said to me, “Lynn, every thought you think in your lifetime has a life of its own [...]
- Through the Eyes of a Spiritual Warriorviews: 2258
Lynn Andrews: Mother Earth is the greatest schoolhouse we will ever have in this life, if we would but learn to listen to her.I am always fascinated by the ancient Mayans, who observed and charted the movement of the planets [...]
- Lynn Andrews on Shamanismviews: 2764
Lynn Andrews: Shamanism in the 21st century is to me a way of understanding and developing one’s spiritual enlightenment. When you think that a society grows out of the language that it speaks, and you look at the English-speaking world [...]
- The Power of Knowing Who You Areviews: 3315
(From: Power and Love – by Lynn V. Andrews) There is great power in knowing who you are. This technique is useful for anyone who is trying to gain a clearer understanding of themselves.THE CIRCLE OF POWER In your mind’s [...]
View all Articles and Posts
- Lynn Andrews on Abundanceviews: 2480
- Lynn Andrews Prayer for Truthviews: 2146
- Lynn Andrews: Coming Full Circleviews: 2239
- Conversations with Lynn Andrews at Joshua Treeviews: 2093
- Coast to Coast AM (May-22-2012) Destiny & Intention/ Shamanism & Healingviews: 1799
- Explore Your Spirit with Kala Show - Coming Full Circle with Kala Ambrose and Lynn Andrewsviews: 1892
View all Videos
- "… the Sisterhood is in all of us. It is every woman who is keeping the dream alive. And the oldest dreamkeepers, the Grandmothers, are in danger at this very moment. We must write and we must act to keep the knowledge and the powers of woman alive."
- "We need to live differently, we are not living consciously."
- "I am not a religious person; I am a spiritual person. I want to have my dialogue with the divine. Maybe that means a tree or a rock or a magnificent being of light that I cannot explain."
- "When I look at the indigenous people on the planet, I see that they've lived in harmony on the Earth for a hundred-thousand years. We've mucked it up in about 75."
- "Creativity is like a great receptive womb."
- "The person who upsets you the most is your best teacher because they bring you face to face with who you are."
- "I have learned these things from different shamans. . . . But I found the language of the spirit is always the same."