Los Angeles, California USA
Foundation of Teaching
Self-Realization, Presence, Non-Duality, Love
Example of Teaching
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us.
Total Views: 12196
8424 Santa Monica Blvd. #A787
West Hollywood, CA 90069 USA
Marianne Williamson is an internationally acclaimed spiritual author and lecturer. Six of her ten published books have been New York Times Best Sellers. Four of these have been #1 New York Times Best Sellers. “A Return to Love” is considered a must-read of The New Spirituality. A paragraph from that book, beginning “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure...” – often misattributed to Nelson Mandela’s Inaugural address – is considered an anthem for a contemporary generation of seekers.
Marianne’s other books include “The Age of Miracles,” “Everyday Grace,” “A Woman’s Worth,” “Illuminata,” “Healing the Soul of America,” “A Course in Weight Loss,” and “The Gift of Change.” Her newest book, “The Law Of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money and Miracles,” will be published this november by Harper Collins.
She has been a popular guest on television programs such as Oprah, Larry King Live, Good Morning America and Charlie Rose. Marianne is a native of Houston, Texas. In 1989, she founded Project Angel Food, a meals-on-wheels program that serves homebound people with AIDS in the Los Angeles area. Today, Project Angel Food serves over 1,000 people daily. Marianne also founded the Department of Peace Campaign, a grass roots campaign to establish a United States Department of Peace.
In December 2006, a Newsweek magazine poll named Marianne Williamson one of the fifty most influential baby boomers. According to Time magazine, “Yoga, the Cabala and Marianne Williamson have been taken up by those seeking a relationship with God that is not strictly tethered to Christianity.”
Articles and Posts
- Health Care In America -Marianne Williamsonviews: 1475
by Marianne Williamson: The biggest problem with America’s health care system is that it is not a health care system so much as a sickness care system… It reflects an outdated perspective on health and healing, in which far too [...]
- Spirituality Guru Marianne Williamson locks In 2020 Debate Spotviews: 633
By Stephen Sheppard: Marianne Williamson, a self-help author and failed congressional candidate running an upstart campaign for president… is virtually ensured a spot in the first series of Democratic debates next month. Williamson has met both thresholds of the Democratic National [...]
- Getting Our Environmental Policy Back On Trackviews: 386
by Marianne Williamson: “The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it.” —Sir Robert Swan Every problem can be traced to a lack of devotion to things that matter most, and nowhere is this [...]
- Life, Liberty, And The Pursuit Of Happiness - Marianne Williamsonviews: 683
by Marianne Williamson: There are millions of people in America ready for a new conversation, a new vocabulary about American politics. The one we have now is rife with corruption. But it’s not just the financial corruption of our political [...]
- Marianne Williamson: How the Universe Views Intimate Relationshipsviews: 3819
by Marianne Williamson: Love can be the most exhilarating human emotion one can experience… It can change life in an instant and take us places we never dreamed possible. But love can also shatter our heart, trigger old wounds and [...]
View all Articles and Posts
- Marianne Williamson Speaks About Oneness and Humanity's Teamviews: 2978
- 2020: Marianne Williamson On Big Truths And Moral Outrageviews: 345
- November 30, 2018: Claiming Our Voices—Claiming Our Truths With Marianne Williamsonviews: 878
- Marianne Williamson on Women and Religionviews: 1156
- A Course In Miracles - Marianne Williamsonviews: 2750
- Stand Up, Speak Out!: Marianne Williamson at TEDxTraverseCityviews: 1800
- "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us."
- "Forgiveness is not always easy. At times, it feels more painful than the wound we suffered, to forgive the one that inflicted it. And yet, there is no peace without forgiveness."
- "As we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence actually liberates others."
- "The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world."
- "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are."
- "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it."
- "May we not succumb to thoughts of violence and revenge today, but rather to thoughts of mercy and compassion. We are to love our enemies that they might be returned to their right minds."