Bangalore, Karnataka India
Foundation of Teaching
Self-Realization, Presence, Non-Duality, Love, Compassion
Example of Teaching
“Love is not an emotion. It is your very existence.”
Total Views: 8051
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is a humanitarian leader, spiritual teacher and an ambassador of peace. His vision of a stress-free, violence-free society has united millions of people the world over through service projects and the courses of The Art of Living.
Born in 1956 in Southern India, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar was a gifted child. By the age of four, he was able to recite parts of the Bhagavad Gita, an ancient Sanskrit scripture and was often found in meditation. His first teacher Sudhakar Chaturvedi, had a long cooperation with Mahatma Gandhi. He holds degrees in both Vedic literature and physics.
Sri Sri founded The Art of Living as an international, non-profit, educational and humanitarian organization. Its educational and self-development programs offer powerful tools to eliminate stress and foster a sense of well-being. Appealing not only to a specific population, these practices have proven effective globally and at all levels of society.
As a spiritual teacher, Sri Sri has rekindled the traditions of yoga and meditation and offered them in a form that is relevant to the 21st century. Beyond reviving ancient wisdom, Sri Sri has created new techniques for personal and social transformation. These include the Sudarshan Kriya® which has helped millions of people to find relief from stress and discover inner reservoirs of energy and peace in daily life. In a mere 29 years, his programs have raised the quality of life for participants in 152 countries.
As an ambassador of peace, Sri Sri plays a key role in conflict resolution and spreads his vision of non-violence at public forums and gatherings worldwide. Regarded as a neutral figure with a sole agenda of peace, he represents hope to people in conflict. He has received particular credit for bringing opposing parties to the negotiating table in Iraq, the Ivory Coast, Kashmir and Bihar.
Through his initiatives and addresses, Sri Sri has consistently emphasized the need for reinforcing human values and recognizing humanity as our highest identity. Fostering interfaith harmony and calling for multi-cultural education as the remedy for fanaticism are significant parts of his efforts to achieve sustainable peace on our planet.
Articles and Posts
- Does Enlightenment Come Only To Those Who Seek It?views: 844
Does enlightenment come only to those who seek it? Can someone accidentally get enlightened? Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar: Yes. Someone can accidentally get enlightened. I know of a soldier, in 1971 Indo-Pak war, he was shot. He is from Haryana. He [...]
- What Is Heaven And What Is Enlightenment?views: 649
by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar: You still have a lot of time left to know about heaven! There is no use in knowing about heaven now otherwise there will not be any excitement left when you actually get there! But [...]
- Benefits Of Yoga & What Is Yoga?views: 739
by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar: A disease-free body, a violence-free society, a confusion-free mind, a inhibition-free intellect… a trauma-free memory, a sorrow-free soul and a quiver-free breath is the impact that Yoga can make on your life. If you claim [...]
- Yoga is That Perfect Balance Between Heart and Headviews: 4125
by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar: 2012 is just a week ahead. It is a very good year, like every year. Don’t worry about doomsday; it is not going to come. People will wake up to truth and reality and all [...]
- Life Is A Combination Of Effort And Effortlessness - Sri Sri Ravi Shankarviews: 1382
by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar: Opposite values are complementary… In life you need both effort and effortlessness. When you want to work, put in all your effort and then the work is done – but, when you want to sleep, can you put [...]
View all Articles and Posts
- “Faith is realizing that you always get what you need.”
- “I tell you, deep inside you is a fountain of bliss, a fountain of joy. Deep inside your center core is truth, light, love, there is no guilt there, there is no fear there. Psychologists have never looked deep enough.”
- “Today is a gift from God – that is why it is called the present.”
- “Human evolution has two steps - from being somebody to being nobody; and from being nobody to being everybody. This knowledge can bring sharing and caring throughout the world.”
- “Love is not an emotion, it is your very existence.”
- “Make your smile cheaper and you anger expensive.”
- “Silence is the goal of all answers. If an answer does not silence the mind, it is no answer.”
- “When you know you own God you will not be in a hurry to get something out of God.”