Foundation of Teaching
Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Strategic Mind-Messaging, Presence, Positive Affirmation
Example of Teaching
“If you can’t enjoy what you have, you can’t enjoy more of it.”
Total Views: 9407
Richard Bandler is a co-founder with John Grinder of the field of Neuro-Linguistic Programming. A student of mathematics, Richard began studying the work of Gestalt therapy founder Fritz Perls when he was asked to edit transcripts of Perls’ lectures and workshops for the book “Eyewitness To Therapy” (1973) for Science and Behavior Books. He also began to work with family therapist Virginia Satir at this time.
Richard met John Grinder, a linguistics professor, as a student at the University of California at Santa Cruz. In 1974 Bandler and Grinder began to make a model of the language patterns used by Perls, Satir and Hypnotherapist Milton H. Erickson, which they published in their books “The Structure of Magic Volumes I & II” (1975, 1976), “Patterns of the Hypnotic Techniques of Milton H. Erickson, Volumes I & II” (1975, 1977) and “Changing With Families” (1976). These books formed the foundation of the field of Neuro-Linguistic Programming.
Richard is an author and co-author of numerous other books on NLP and its applications, including Frogs Into Princes (1979), NLP Volume I (1980), Tranceformations (1981), “Reframing” (1982), “Using Your Brain” (1985), “An Insider’s Guide to Sub-Modalities” (1988), “The Adventures of Anybody” (1993), “Time For a Change” (1993) and “Persuasion Engineering”(1996).
Much of Richard’s later work in NLP has focused on applications of submodalities, the subtle distinctions one can make in one’s sensory experience and internal representations. His background as a musician and his interest in sound theory and the neurological impact of sound lead him to develop the area of Neuro-Sonics, which utilizes qualities of music and sound to create specific internal states. Richard is also the founder of the model and techniques of Design Human Engineering (DHE).
In addition to his creative genius, Richard is known for his sense of humor, his ability to use sophisticated language patterns, and his dynamic training style.
Articles and Posts
- Dr. Richard Bandler on Self Esteemviews: 3227
In an interview with NLP Life, Dr. Richard Bandler reveals how to feel good and build self esteem. NLP Life: What advice would you give to people with lack of self-esteem? Richard Bandler: Well, I have trouble with that one cause I [...]
- Writing Books - How To Do Itviews: 2277
Richard Bandler reveals the steps necessary to write a book.NLP Life: You write a lot of very good, comprehensive, entertaining books, how do you do it? Richard Bandler: One page at a time. I figure out the big things I [...]
- Why Humor Is So Importantviews: 2374
Richard Bandler reveals the benefits of humor in an interview with NLP Life. NLP Life: In a recent seminar you mentioned that humour is your invisible shield. Why is humor so important in your seminars? Richard Bandler: Well, to me, humour [...]
- Dr. Richard Bandler on How to Be Confidentviews: 2351
Richard Bandler reveals the secrets of confidence to NLP Life. NLP Life: How can you learn to be more confident? Richard Bandler: Well, the best way to be more confident is to be more competent at what you do. I realise there [...]
- The Art of Stopping Smoking, by Dr. Richard Bandlerviews: 3109
An interview with NLP Life, reveals how Richard Bandler gave up smoking so easily.NLP Life: You were once a smoker and then became a non-smoker in a very short time. How did you do it? Richard Bandler: I stopped smoking cigarettes. [...]
View all Articles and Posts
- Richard Bandler Interviewed about NLP-BBC Radioviews: 3205
- NLP Training, Strategies and Creativityviews: 2312
- NLP Co-Founder Richard Bandler Interviewviews: 2287
- Face to face with Richard Bandler and Paul Rossviews: 2267
- Richard Bandler Interview by Ronald Amslerviews: 2087
- Neuro Linguistic Programming Training. Why train with Richard Bandler?views: 2135
- "We take the very best of what people do, synthesize it down, make it learnable and share it with each other - and that is what the real future of what NLP will be and its gonna stay that way!"
- "The evolution isn't over. We are the experience that the universe is having."
- "Do you want to know a good way to fall in love? Just associate with all your pleasant experiences with someone, and disassociate from all the unpleasant ones."
- "Brains aren't designed to get results; they go in directions. If you know how the brain works you can set your own directions. If you don't, then someone else will."
- "Disappointment requires adequate planning."
- "The greatest personal limitation is to be found not in the things you want to do and can't, but in the things you've never considered doing."
- "The reason people have problems is that they have too much time to think."