White Tantric Yoga® is a powerful meditation practice that clears the subconscious mind, allowing prosperity, success, and happiness to flow freely into your life.
It is an ancient and unique yogic science that accelerates your spiritual growth by dissolving deep-rooted, subconscious blocks through the direction of a facilitator and the energy of Yogi Bhajan, the Mahan Tantric.
When Yogi Bhajan created the White Tantric Yoga® video series, he created 126 courses over 17 years. He said they were our greatest asset and gave very specific direction that they could still be used after he left his physical body. White Tantric Yoga® will continue each year under the guidance of appointed facilitators.
All levels of yoga students can participate in White Tantric Yoga®; there are no prerequisites. Beginners as well as more experienced meditators will tune into their internal strength and enjoy a deep and sometimes challenging meditative experience.
Envision the energy of the Universe as both parallel and perpendicular in nature, like a cloth woven together. As a cloth becomes stronger when it is stretched on the diagonal, so the White Tantric Yoga® diagonal, or ‘Z’ energy is stronger. This energy, when directed by the Mahan Tantric, cuts through the blocks that are stuck in the subconscious mind.
Using the diagonal energy, the Mahan Tantric Yogi Bhajan, connects his subtle body to the subtle bodies of the participants through the course facilitator. This works the same way as a worldwide telephone system that relies on satellites and electromagnetic energy in order to connect two parties.
The music and mantras included in White Tantric Yoga® were specifically selected by Yogi Bhajan, and aid and support the process.
White Tantric Yoga® should not be confused with black or red tantric. Those forms of yoga also transform energy, but in a different way and for different purposes. Black tantric directs the energy to manipulate another human being and red tantric directs the energy solely for sexual purposes.
What to Expect
White Tantric Yoga® is done in pairs as a group meditation. You sit facing a partner and follow instructions for meditation given on video by the Mahan Tantric, Yogi Bhajan. A representative of the Mahan Tantric will be present to facilitate White Tantric Yoga®. The original facilitators were chosen personally by Yogi Bhajan from members of his staff. Since his passing, the Board Members of Humanology and Health Science, which manages White Tantric Yoga®, have used the profile he created for choosing new facilitators. Currently all White Tantric Yoga® facilitators have studied personally with Yogi Bhajan. The facilitator’s role is one of ensuring that the methodology given by Yogi Bhajan is carried out and helping participants maximize their experience. Each workshop consists of approximately 6 – 8 kriyas. A kriya is a meditation incorporating:
- a yoga posture (asana) or hand position (mudra)
- a breathing technique (pranayama) and/or a mental focus and/or a mantra
Sometimes the kriyas are accompanied by music. These kriyas vary in length up to 62 minutes. There are breaks between each kriya. The environment is peaceful and the atmosphere is friendly, supportive, and uplifting. A vegetarian lunch is provided.
What to Bring and Wear
- Wear loose, comfortable, white clothing, preferably in natural fibers (they conduct energy and breathe easier in the hot desert climate).
- Wear a white cotton head covering that completely covers the head and will stay on securely during exercises with movement.
- Bring a blanket or sheepskin to sit on and a light blanket to cover yourself with during relaxation periods. A firm cushion to sit on can be helpful for those with tighter hips.
What Not to Bring and Wear
- This is a scent-free environment. Please be courteous to your neighbors and don’t wear or bring perfumes, essential oils, or sprays.
- A bag that folds (after you’ve removed your yoga gear) is best. The aisles in between the lines need to stay clear for the monitors, so don’t bring an excess amount of ‘stuff.’
- Intoxicants of any kind are prohibited.
For more information about the experience or to find out if a single-day course is being held in your area, www.WhiteTantricYoga.com.