Foundation of Teaching
Presence, Psychology, Consciousness, Spirituality
Example of Teaching
“We need to wake up for the sake of the human race as a whole, in order to become free of the social chaos and conflict which have blighted the last few thousand years of history.”
Total Views: 6904
Steve Taylor PhD
Steve Taylor PhD is a senior lecturer in psychology at Leeds Metropolitan University, and the author of several best-selling books on psychology and spirituality. For the last two years he has been included (this year at no. 38) in Mind, Body, Spirit magazine’s list of the ‘100 most spiritually influential living people.’ His books include Waking From Sleep, The Fall, Out of the Darkness, Back to Sanity, and his latest book The Meaning. His books have been published in 16 languages, while his articles and essays have been published in over 40 academic journals, magazines and newspapers.
Eckhart Tolle has described his work as ‘an important contribution to the shift in consciousness which is happening on our planet at present.’ Andrew Harvey has said of his work, ‘Its importance for our menacing times and for the transformation being birthed by them cannot be exaggerated.’ Steve is also a poet; his first book of poems and spiritual reflections, The Meaning, has just been published.
Steve lives in Manchester, England, with his wife and three young children.
Articles and Posts
- Waking Up - Steve Taylor Ph.D.views: 518
by Steve Taylor Ph.D: Are spiritual experiences becoming more common? What are spiritual experiences? I don’t think of them in religious terms. I see them as moments in which our awareness becomes more intense and more expansive than normal, so that the [...]
- Temporary And Permanent Awakening: The Primary And Secondary Shiftviews: 1101
by Steven Taylor PhD: Temporary and Permanent Awakening in Spiritual Traditions… Many spiritual traditions make a distinction between temporary spiritual experiences and a permanent, ongoing experience of ‘wakefulness’ or liberation. In the Hindu Vedanta tradition, this is the distinction between [...]
- Four Signs We Are Experiencing A Collective Awakeningviews: 739
by Steven Taylor: Is the world ‘Waking Up’? In spiritual circles, it’s often suggested that the human race is in the process of a collective spiritual awakening. Is it really true that we’re in the process of ‘waking up’ as a [...]
- Inner Peace in the Midst of War: The Strange Connection Between War and Spiritual Awakeningviews: 1610
by Steve Taylor Ph.D: A few years ago, while doing research for my Ph.D., I met a woman who had a profound personal transformation following traumatic experiences as a soldier. The woman (whom I will call Jenny) was in the Canadian military for [...]
- Steve Taylor PhD: When Democracy Failsviews: 849
by Steve Taylor Ph.D: How psychology can save us from Abuse of Power… One of the great things about democracy is that it allows anyone, no matter their initial social circumstances, to rise into positions of influence and power. But one [...]
View all Articles and Posts
- Eckhart Tolle TV: Back to Sanity: A Dialog with Steve Taylor PhDviews: 2713
- Steve Taylor PhD on Book Making Time BBC Interviewviews: 1339
- Steve Taylor PhD - Out of the Darkness and The Fall views: 1444
- Steve Taylor PhD - Identityviews: 1341
- Spiritual Awakening - Steve Taylor PhD, UKviews: 1358
- Ego Madness: Can It Be Healed?views: 1283
1. "Regular meditation can make us less affected by negative thoughts, and create a more grounded and stable sense of self, so that we're less dependent on respect and affirmation from other people."
2. "Part of the reason why bringing up children can be a spiritual experience is because children are such strongly spiritual beings themselves."
3. "The human sense of incompleteness generates a craving for possessions, power and status, as a way of trying to complete ourselves and compensate for our inner discord."
4. "Spiritual experiences are overwhelmingly positive experiences. They are experiences of rapture, in which we perceive reality at a heightened intensity, feel a powerful sense of inner well-being, experience a sense of oneness with our surroundings and become aware of a force of benevolence and harmony which pervades the cosmos."
5. "Many people who return from encounters with death – either because a threat passes or they make a miraculous recovery – undergo a permanent spiritual shift. Of course, this is one the most significant features of near-death experiences. Most of those who undergo the experience gain a new spiritual outlook, becoming less materialistic and egotistical and more compassionate, more concerned with helping and serving others than fulfilling their own desires and ambitions."