Northern California, USA
Foundation of Teaching
Peaceful heart, warrior spirit; reality, here and now; self-knowledge; body-mind mastery.
Example of Teaching
“The journey is what brings us happiness not the destination.”
Total Views: 2650
is a former world champion athlete, university coach, martial arts instructor, and college professor.
After an intensive, twenty-year spiritual quest, Dan’s teaching found its form as the Peaceful Warrior’s Way, expressed fully in his books and lectures. His work continues to evolve over time, to meet the needs of a changing world.
Dan’s seventeen books, including Way of the Peaceful Warrior, have inspired and informed millions of readers in 29 languages worldwide. The feature film, “Peaceful Warrior,” starring Nick Nolte, was adapted from Dan’s first book, based upon incidents from his life.
Much of Dan’s time is devoted to writing and speaking. His keynotes, seminars, and workshops span the generations to influence men and women from all walks of life, including leaders in the fields of health, psychology, education, business, politics, sports, entertainment, and the arts.
Dan and his wife Joy live in Brooklyn, NY. They have three grown daughters and four grandchildren.
Articles and Posts
- 5 Questions for Dan Millmanviews: 711
by Alma Tassi: Dan Millman, author of Way of the Peaceful Warrior, talks about how its message is still relevant today . 1. Over 10 years have passed since the publication of your hugely popular Way of the Peaceful Warrior. How is its [...]
- Dan Millman: On Awakeningviews: 28772
by Dan Millman: Centuries ago, a wanderer came upon another lone traveler walking serenely through a forest in India. Intrigued by the serene man, unaware that he was in fact the Buddha, the wanderer asked, “Excuse me sir, but — [...]
- Dan Millman The Hidden School: Return Of The Peaceful Warriorviews: 1988
Dan Millman: In this long-awaited missing piece of the Peaceful Warrior story – which has become a multimillion-copy bestseller, translated into more than 20 languages, made into a motion picture, and is now one of the world’s most widely-read spiritual [...]
- Dan Millman The 4-Minute Peaceful Warrior Workoutviews: 3165
This is a 30 day online course available from DailyOM and Dan Millman. We will email you when your new lesson is available and you will be able to login and read each lesson online as they become available and [...]
- Dan Millman The Power Of Awarenessviews: 2646
by Dan Millman: Life is a Great School, and nature is the ultimate teacher, but without awareness you can’t hear the teacher. Awareness transforms life’s lessons into wisdom; it can translate confusing circumstances and events into useful knowledge. Awareness, [...]
View all Articles and Posts
1. “The journey is what brings us happiness not the destination.”
2. “There are no ordinary moments.”
3. “There is no need to search; achievement leads to nowhere. It makes no difference at all, so just be happy now! Love is the only reality of the world, because it is all One, you see. And the only laws are paradox, humor and change. There is no problem, never was, and never will be. Release your struggle, let go of your mind, throw away your concerns, and relax into the world. No need to resist life, just do your best. Open your eyes and see that you are far more than you imagine. You are the world, you are the universe; you are yourself and everyone else, too! It's all the marvelous Play of God. Wake up, regain your humor. Don't worry, just be happy. You are already free!”
4. “A warrior does not give up what he loves, he finds the love in what he does”
5. “Life has three rules: Paradox, Humor, and Change. Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste your time trying to figure it out. Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure. Change: Know that nothing ever stays the same.”
6. “If you don't get what you want, you suffer; if you get what you don't want, you suffer; even when you get exactly what you want, you still suffer because you can't hold on to it forever.”
7. “Pain is a relatively objective, physical phenomenon; suffering is our psychological resistance to what happens. Events may create physical pain, but they do not in themselves create suffering. Resistance creates suffering. Stress happens when your mind resists what is... The only problem in your life is your mind's resistance to life as it unfolds. ”
8. “Everything you'll ever need to know is within you; the secrets of the universe are imprinted on the cells of your body.”