Foundation of Teaching
Awareness, Oneness, Compassion, Love
Example of Teaching
“No idea is absolute & that includes the idea of “God” as well. any idea, if believed to be absolute could be more binding than liberating.”
Total Views: 13247
Ananda Giri is a gifted spiritual teacher with over 23 years of experience in teaching and guiding advanced spiritual retreats, Ananda Giri’s deep insights coupled with his unassuming and friendly presence continue to inspire ever more people world-over to live a joyous life, free of inner conflict.
Over the last 15 years he has addressed varied audiences in all the six major continents and more recently, at the prestigious Aspen Institute and Harvard University. Currently Ananda Giri travels extensively around the world conducting the day long immersion programs called “awareness and freedom ” and the two day courses known as “A new beginning ”
Between the years 1999-2006, under the guidance of One World Academy founder Krishna, he actively engaged in numerous rural development projects in South India, contributing to social and spiritual development in and around 150 villages. Even today, he is loved, respected and fondly remembered in these villages for the profound shifts that he facilitated in their lives. More recently, he was part of ‘Healing the Gulf’, a charitable initiative of the OWA Foundation aimed at providing physical, emotional and spiritual support to the victims of the Gulf states of the USA during the 2010 oil spill disaster and the 2011 Tornado in Tuscaloosa.
Early on in his childhood, a series of life incidents lead him to join
the Jeevashram School founded by Sri Bhagavan at the age of 11. This
was where he first met Krishna, who has since been his friend, mentor
and a spiritual guide.
Ananda Giri is Senior Faculty member at One World Academy.
Articles and Posts
- Ananda Giri: Suffering Results From Meaning, Not Situationsviews: 257
by Ananda Giri: I am certain most of us would agree with the view that “suffering” has been one of humanity’s biggest challenges… By “suffering” we are referring to the psychological pain we experience in its varied forms: fear, hurt, [...]
- Ananda Giri How Essential Is Life Education?views: 529
by Ananda Giri: We are human beings. It is widely agreed that the human race is the most evolved of all species, although some still believe that dolphins could be more developed than humans. We have a supremely efficient body [...]
- Gods Of The New Worldviews: 959
by Ananda Giri, I am certainly not the kind that believes in an omnipotent God but if God were to be perceived as an act of help… then I must say that the conscious children of this generation are the [...]
- Ananda Giri Gods Of The New Worldviews: 1405
by Ananda Giri: I am certainly not the kind that believes in an omnipotent God but if God were to be perceived as an act of help, then I must say that the conscious children of this generation are the [...]
- Ananda Giri The Radical Thinkerviews: 1678
by Ananda Giri: It is true that we cannot continue with our same old habitual ways of thinking and expect our lives to be very different. Can we? Is not all our inner suffering, (suffering experienced as fear, hurt, [...]
View all Articles and Posts
- "Being part of a uninverse that is constantly changing and evolving, does it even sound reasonable that one is looking for absolutes."
- "Love is a natural expression of the intelligent mind & intelligent action is a natural outcome of Love."
- "Living on a planet that accommodates all, it doesn't make sense that some of us cannot even accommodate another's point of view."
- "Awareness is the enemy of habit."
- "We need a mind that is spacious in order to love. Such a spacious mind is possible, only if one chooses to live a life of mind fullness."
- "Between the conformist & the non conformist, I would say the non conformist is a better bet for a new world that requires a new thinking."
- "Inner conflict exists only in resistance to the truth of what u actually are."
- "True unity is in realizing that all views are equally true and equally extraordinary."
- "There is a place for all in this world. There is no need to feel insecure about another's point of view. The beauty is in diversity."