Place of Birth
New Hampshire, USA
Foundation of Teaching
Christian Science, Health
Example of Teaching
“Happiness is spiritual, born of truth and love. It is unselfish; therefore it cannot exist alone, but requires all mankind to share it.”
Total Views: 4453
Mary Baker Eddy
Mary Baker Eddy overcame the obstacles of her time to found Christian Science, a religion which is practiced throughout the world today. In an era when women were treated as second class citizens, Mary Baker Eddy broke through social and financial barriers, never retreating from her convictions and her faith in the Bible.
Mary Baker Eddy died December 3, 1910 and was buried in Mount Auburn Cemetery in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Today, the religion she founded has more than 1,700 churches and branches in 80 countries.
Articles and Posts
- Christian Science versus Spiritualism - Mary Baker Eddyviews: 2390
by Mary Baker Eddy: Mortal existence is an enigma. Every day is a mystery. The testimony of the corporeal senses cannot inform us what is real and what is delusive, but the revelations of Christian Science unlock the treasures of Truth. Whatever [...]
- Christian Science: Mary Baker Eddy and the Bibleviews: 2097
Kris Samons examines the background and beliefs of Christian Science from a Christian, biblical worldview perspective. What he uncovers is a vast chasm between the worldview beliefs of Christian Science and the worldview taught in the Bible. Introduction by Kris [...]
- Mary Baker Eddy: Teacher and Educatorviews: 2032
by John Dewitt: After her great discovery of Christian Science, Mrs. Eddy faced an unparalleled challenge: to find ways of sharing her revelation with others. Mighty was this challenge. It demanded awakening people to the opposite of their deepest convictions—to [...]
- Mary Baker Eddy: Authorviews: 2536
by Peter J. Henniker-Heaton: Monthly on the cover of The Christian Science Journal Mary Baker Eddy is named as author of the Christian Science textbook, “Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures.” To many Mrs. Eddy is known as the Discoverer and [...]
- Mary Baker Eddy: Founderviews: 2297
by Floyd C. Shank: Mary Baker Eddy—Founder! What does the word “founder” mean that it should be so closely linked with the one who has discovered Christian Science, the complete healing system of Christ Jesus? Webster’s dictionary gives this meaning: [...]
View all Articles and Posts
- Retrospection and Introspection - Mary Baker Eddyviews: 1947
- Mary Baker Eddy A Heart in Protestviews: 2377
- A Story About The Teaching of Mary Baker Eddyviews: 1929
- Miscellaneous Writings by Mary Baker Eddy (1883-1896) views: 1778
- Creative Quotations from Mary Baker Eddyviews: 1732
- Spiritual Writing of Mary Baker Eddyviews: 1933
View all Videos
- "I would no more quarrel with a man because of his religion than I would because of his art."
- "If Christianity is not scientific, and Science is not God, then there is no invariable law, and truth becomes an accident."
- "Jealousy is the grave of affection."
- "Disease is an experience of a so-called mortal mind. It is fear made manifest on the body."
- "Health is not a condition of matter, but of Mind."
- "Chastity is the cement of civilization and progress. Without it there is no stability in society, and without it one cannot attain the Science of Life".
- "Experience teaches us that we do not always receive the blessings we ask for in prayer."