Park City, Utah USA
Foundation of Teaching
Anthropology, Psychology, Shamanism, Luminous Energy Field
Example of Teaching
“With a visceral understanding of our power to dream, we realize that we can share this experience of infinity right here, right now, and stop feeling dissociated and disconnected.”
Total Views: 8759
P.O. Box 680675
Park City, UT 84068-0675
Alberto Villoldo Ph.D.
Cuban-born psychologist and anthropologist, Alberto Villoldo has studied the shamanic healing practices of the Amazon and Incas for over 25 years.
In the jungles and high mountains of the Andes, Alberto Villoldo would discover that we are more than flesh and bone, that we are absolutely fashioned of Spirit and light. This unending Luminous Energy Field exists in every cell of our bodies … it is up to us to recognize and work with this awesome gift to change the very nature of our living.
In 1984, Dr. Villoldo founded the world-renowned Institute of Energy Medicine, Four Winds Society to bring the teachings of these master healers to the West. In the two-year program, Villoldo trains individuals in the practice of energy medicine and “soul retrieval”.
Villoldo graduated in 1969 with a bachelor’s degree in Inter-American Studies, followed by a master’s in Psychology and a doctorate in psychology at the Humanistic Psychology Institute. While on the faculty of San Francisco State University, Villoldo founded and directed the Biological Self Regulation Laboratory where he investigated the effects of energy healing on blood and brain chemistry.
In 2011 Villoldo produced a documentary Amazonia: Healing With Sacred Plants which focuses on the sacred plants of the Peru’s Amazon region. In the film he chronicles the work of the master shamans, and explains the process and theory behind the use of ayahuasca, the ‘vine of the souls.’
Today, Alberto Villoldo is a best-selling author. In all of his teachings and writings, Alberto shares the experience of infinity’s easy ability to heal and transform us, to free us from the temporal chains that keep us fettered to illness, old age and disease.
Articles and Posts
- Castaways Vs Caretakersviews: 283
by Dr. Alberto Villoldo: Native American shamans have practiced energy medicine for more than five thousand years… Some medicine people believe their spiritual lineage extends back even further. They remember stories handed down from grandmother to granddaughter that speak about when [...]
- Transforming Fate Into Destinyviews: 415
by Dr. Alberto Villoldo:Although the two terms are often used interchangeably, there’s a marked difference between fate (which is known as karma among Eastern traditions) and destiny (also known as dharma)… Fate is a course that’s been predetermined by our family, our history, our genes, and our emotional [...]
- Dr. Alberto Villoldo PhD Dying Consciously: The Greatest Journeyviews: 666
by Dr. Alberto Villoldo: In the West, we no longer remember how to die with grace and dignity… We shuttle the dying off to hospitals where extraordinary measures are taken to prolong life. Families do not know how to come to [...]
- Alberto Villoldo Ph.D. Opening Sacred Spaceviews: 832
by Alberto Villoldo Ph.D: South. To the winds of the South… Great Serpent Wrap your coils of light around us Teach us to shed the past the way you shed your skin To walk softly on the Earth Teach us the Beauty [...]
- Dr. Alberto Villoldo What Is A Shaman?views: 868
by Dr. Alberto Villoldo: : A shaman is a medicine person of Paleolithic times – from the days that we were hunter/gatherers… before we dramatically changed our diet with the introduction of agriculture and grains to our dinner table. The shamans of [...]
- Munay Ki Nº3 ¨AUSANGATE¨ ALBERTO VILLOLDOviews: 1657
- This Sacred Earth: The 2012 Phenomenon (Teaser for documentary)views: 1873
- Dr. Alberto Villoldo: This Sacred Earth Homo Luminous Choosing to Evolveviews: 1909
- Munay Ki Nº2 "THE COSMIC SERPENT" Alberto Villoldoviews: 1854
- Munay Ki N°1 "ORIGIN" ALBERTO VILLOLDOviews: 1459
- "The galactic serpent"views: 2366
- "The history of human consciousness is marked by the battle between the old awareness, the ways of fear, and the new awareness, the ways of love."
- "There are two kinds of people in the world: those who are dreamers and those who are being dreamed."
- "The nature of the cosmos is such that whatever vision you have about yourself and the world will become reality."
- "Whether we realize it or not, we are all dreaming the world into being. What we’re engaging in is not the sleeping act we’re so familiar with, but rather a type of dreaming we do with our eyes open."
- "As soon as you awaken to the power you have, you begin to flex the muscles of your courage. Then you can dream bravely: letting go of your limiting beliefs and pushing past your fears. You can start to come up with a truly original dream that germinates in your soul and bears fruit in your life."
- "Courageous dreaming allows you to create from the source, the quantum soup of the universe where everything exists in a latent or potential state."
- "When the first chakra is disconnected from the feminine Earth, we can feel orphaned and motherless. The masculine principle predominates, and we look for security from material things. Individuality prevails over relationship, and selfish drives triumph over family, social and global responsibility."
- "The more separated we become from the Earth, the more hostile we become to the feminine. We disown our passion, our creativity, and our sexuality. Eventually the Earth itself becomes a baneful place."