Los Angeles, CA USA
Foundation of Teaching
Kundalini Yoga, Meditation, Peace, Compassion, Presence
Example of Teaching
“The secret to experiencing faith, love, and devotion is to just relax.”
Total Views: 7057
Guru Singh is a celebrated third-generation yogi, master spiritual teacher, author, and musician.
He teaches conscious living through the tools of Humanology, Kundalini yoga, meditation, and sacred sound. He was born in Seattle in 1945 into a yogic spiritual household to an artist father and musician mother. His teachings grew from an esoteric curiosity inspired by his family’s deep connection to the masters of India and the blessings of being ready when teachers appeared.
Paramahansa Yogananda was his first teacher. Guru Singh’s great-aunt met Yogananda in Calcutta in 1916 and travelled with him from India to America in 1919. She studied with and served him until his passing in 1952.
In January 1969, Guru Singh met Yogi Bhajan, a spiritual leader from northern India and master of Kundalini yoga. From that moment on Guru Singh has been studying and teaching Kundalini yoga and meditation, a science taught in India for over five thousand years. He has spread this ancient science with passion and a practical fusion of Eastern mysticism into Western pragmatism.
Guru Singh’s books, music, yoga/meditation classes, blog posts, podcasts, and humanology lectures uplift thousands worldwide. Based in Los Angeles at Yoga West and Golden Bridge yoga studios, while traveling the world, he also teaches Kundalini Level I and II teacher training courses. He meets students privately for consultations and sound healing sessions when in Los Angeles.
Guru Singh lives and teaches globally with his wife Guruperkarma Kaur. They have raised and guided two lovely children—as well as countless “adopted” ones, all of whom continue this path of service. These vibrant lives exemplify a masterful balance for the 21st century yogic family. This lifestyle is known as Grishtha Ashram in Sanskrit—the life of an enlightened householder. It’s a spiritually purposeful life of service that follows a path of enlightenment while raising families and participating fully in the real-world of work, worship, and community building.
Articles and Posts
- Guru Singh Peace Be With You Dear Sacred Woman Of The Worldviews: 977
by Guru Singh: When human beings are present and in their hearts, the women of the world will be able to unfold the future (the womb) of the world with great joy, creativity and confidence. Women have been waiting, not [...]
- Women Are Cosmically, Emotionally, Psychologically, And Biologically More powerful Than Menviews: 670
by Guru Singh: Women are cosmically, emotionally, psychologically, and biologically more powerful than men. Yogi Bhajan referred to women as ‘eagles’, while the patriarchy — slighting the feminine power — referred to them as “chicks”. Survival was a physical event [...]
- Guru Singh: The Earth Needs Your Miracles Right Nowviews: 565
Guru Singh: Graphene is a single (one atom thick) layer of hexagonally bonded carbon atoms. Researchers have analyzed graphene and found that this matter — only five per cent the density of steel — is ten times stronger than steel. [...]
- Guru Singh Live In The Moment Of Life In Which You’re Livingviews: 672
by Guru Singh: When you recognize the main purpose of life is to simply experience the experience of the moment; to live in the moment of life in which you’re living; to comprehend the sensations that are taking place, inside [...]
- You Are The Guru That Ignites The Light Of Wisdom Inside Youviews: 987
Guru Singh: In the world of the spiritual path — of awakening — there’s long been a tradition of teachers . . . masters who’ve gone through the lessons and can show the way. Guru is a Sanskrit word, and [...]
View all Articles and Posts
- The Realities of Reality 006 (video)views: 1001
- The Realities of Reality 005 with Guru Singhviews: 777
- The Realities of Reality 004 with Guru Singh (Videos)views: 1036
- The Realities of Reality 003 With Guru Singh (Video)views: 1069
- The Realities of Reality 002 with Guru Singh (Video)views: 951
- The Realities of Reality 001 with Guru Singhviews: 1039
View all Videos
- “When you walk into any room, make it your home. Then help every one in the room to feel at home. Remember, you are uniquely you and you have every right to be exactly that. Do not try to fit in, you fit perfectly in you.”
- “When we are inspired to seek guidance from our higher consciousness; we access much higher frequencies of the collective ancient human mind. As an individual incarnation we achieve this through our sacred disciplines.”
- “When you stop holding the world around you to its old capacities and expectations, it can develop new ones in your presence. This is the power of time . . . never living in the past, but being present for the future to arrive in the hands of your present moment.”
- “After all—materially—from 'nothing' we come and to 'nothing' we return, but we are really always 'something' forever . . . we are forever the form of our infinite envisioning. Such is the nature of nothing being everything being nothing.”
- “The illusion of time is in fact an illusion; this doesn't mean however that it is unnecessary to work with . . . it means it is an illusion, a puzzle, a riddle to master, to work through and to not be ruled by.”