Los Angeles, California USA
Foundation of Teaching
Self-Realization, Presence, Non-Duality, Love
Example of Teaching
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us.
Total Views: 8725
8424 Santa Monica Blvd. #A787
West Hollywood, CA 90069 USA
Marianne Williamson is an internationally acclaimed spiritual author and lecturer. Six of her ten published books have been New York Times Best Sellers. Four of these have been #1 New York Times Best Sellers. “A Return to Love” is considered a must-read of The New Spirituality. A paragraph from that book, beginning “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure...” – often misattributed to Nelson Mandela’s Inaugural address – is considered an anthem for a contemporary generation of seekers.
Marianne’s other books include “The Age of Miracles,” “Everyday Grace,” “A Woman’s Worth,” “Illuminata,” “Healing the Soul of America,” “A Course in Weight Loss,” and “The Gift of Change.” Her newest book, “The Law Of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money and Miracles,” will be published this november by Harper Collins.
She has been a popular guest on television programs such as Oprah, Larry King Live, Good Morning America and Charlie Rose. Marianne is a native of Houston, Texas. In 1989, she founded Project Angel Food, a meals-on-wheels program that serves homebound people with AIDS in the Los Angeles area. Today, Project Angel Food serves over 1,000 people daily. Marianne also founded the Department of Peace Campaign, a grass roots campaign to establish a United States Department of Peace.
In December 2006, a Newsweek magazine poll named Marianne Williamson one of the fifty most influential baby boomers. According to Time magazine, “Yoga, the Cabala and Marianne Williamson have been taken up by those seeking a relationship with God that is not strictly tethered to Christianity.”
Articles and Posts
- Resisting Hopelessness - Marianne Williamsonviews: 538
by Marianne Williamson: It would be easy to slip into hopelessness now… to resign ourselves to the idea that the concentrated assaults on everything from the planet to our democracy have succeeded to such a degree that it’s no [...]
- Love And Freedom - Marianne Williamsonviews: 480
by Marianne Williamson: In a free society we do not all have to agree with each other… That’s pretty much the point of freedom. And no one has a monopoly on truth. Our challenge today, it seems to me, is to find [...]
- Nine Leaders That Inspired Us In 2016views: 530
Eckhart Tolle, born Ulrich Leonard Tölle, February 16, 1948) is a German-born resident of Canada, best known as the author of The Power of Now and … A New Earth: Awakening to your Life’s Purpose. In 2011, he was listed by Watkins Review as the [...]
- An American Awakening - Marianne Williamsonviews: 588
by Marianne Williamson: It’s tempting, when confronted by political malfeasance… to become so absorbed with its symptom that we give too little attention to treating its cause. In fact, behind every dangerous political phenomenon lies the ideology that produced it. Everything [...]
- Marianne Williamson - An American Awakeningviews: 688
by Marianne Williamson: It’s tempting, when confronted by political malfeasance… to become so absorbed with its symptom that we give too little attention to treating its cause. In fact, behind every dangerous political phenomenon lies the ideology that produced it. [...]
View all Articles and Posts
- Stand Up, Speak Out!: Marianne Williamson at TEDxTraverseCityviews: 602
- Marianne Williamson on Spiritual Death And Rebirth In The Gift Of Changeviews: 2528
- Eckhart Tolle & Marianne Williamson: Is Good or Bad an Illusion?views: 2234
- Marianne Williamson On Consciousness, Spirituality, and Politics in Americaviews: 1416
- Marianne Williamson's Tribute to Wayne Dyer (Video)views: 1971
- Marianne Williamson On Forgivenessviews: 1688
- "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us."
- "Forgiveness is not always easy. At times, it feels more painful than the wound we suffered, to forgive the one that inflicted it. And yet, there is no peace without forgiveness."
- "As we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence actually liberates others."
- "The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world."
- "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are."
- "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it."
- "May we not succumb to thoughts of violence and revenge today, but rather to thoughts of mercy and compassion. We are to love our enemies that they might be returned to their right minds."