Los Angeles, California USA
Foundation of Teaching
Self-Realization, Presence, Non-Duality, Love
Example of Teaching
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us.
Total Views: 7607
8424 Santa Monica Blvd. #A787
West Hollywood, CA 90069 USA
Marianne Williamson is an internationally acclaimed spiritual author and lecturer. Six of her ten published books have been New York Times Best Sellers. Four of these have been #1 New York Times Best Sellers. “A Return to Love” is considered a must-read of The New Spirituality. A paragraph from that book, beginning “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure...” – often misattributed to Nelson Mandela’s Inaugural address – is considered an anthem for a contemporary generation of seekers.
Marianne’s other books include “The Age of Miracles,” “Everyday Grace,” “A Woman’s Worth,” “Illuminata,” “Healing the Soul of America,” “A Course in Weight Loss,” and “The Gift of Change.” Her newest book, “The Law Of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money and Miracles,” will be published this november by Harper Collins.
She has been a popular guest on television programs such as Oprah, Larry King Live, Good Morning America and Charlie Rose. Marianne is a native of Houston, Texas. In 1989, she founded Project Angel Food, a meals-on-wheels program that serves homebound people with AIDS in the Los Angeles area. Today, Project Angel Food serves over 1,000 people daily. Marianne also founded the Department of Peace Campaign, a grass roots campaign to establish a United States Department of Peace.
In December 2006, a Newsweek magazine poll named Marianne Williamson one of the fifty most influential baby boomers. According to Time magazine, “Yoga, the Cabala and Marianne Williamson have been taken up by those seeking a relationship with God that is not strictly tethered to Christianity.”
Articles and Posts
- Marianne Williamson: Trusting Others And A Course In Miraclesviews: 282
by Marianne Williamson: Based on “A Course in Miracles,” bestselling author, Marianne Williamson gives a live talk every Monday in Los Angeles (also available via Livestream anywhere in the world) to teach the principles of “miracle mindedness… During a talk [...]
- Marianne Williamson Beyond The Clutter Of The Meaninglessviews: 596
by Etan Ilfeld: An Interview with Marianne Williamson on the role of the feminine, meditation and engaged spirituality in today’s world by Etan Ilfeld… Etan Ilfeld: I notice that you mention God a lot, but you always use the masculine [...]
- Marianne Williamson Feel Your Feelingsviews: 762
by Marianne Williamson: Your inner self needs to be heard…. Life might have taught you that emotions are dangerous. Perhaps as a child, you were told things such as, “Don’t you cry or I’ll give you something to cry about!”—an [...]
- Live a Miraculous Life - Marianne Williamsonviews: 456
by Marianne Williamson: God will replace the darkness with light… Every morning when you wake up, your mind is more open to receive new impressions than at any other time. If you go directly to the news as the world [...]
- Marianne Williamson The Spiritual Journey From Suffering To Enlightenmentviews: 1066
Marianne Williamson: Dear Friends, We all face times in our lives when the pain of existence seems too much to bear. For some of us, these experiences happen rarely, and when they do, the pain is relatively mild. But [...]
View all Articles and Posts
- Marianne Williamson on Spiritual Death And Rebirth In The Gift Of Changeviews: 2097
- Eckhart Tolle & Marianne Williamson: Is Good or Bad an Illusion?views: 1675
- Marianne Williamson On Consciousness, Spirituality, and Politics in Americaviews: 1103
- Marianne Williamson's Tribute to Wayne Dyer (Video)views: 1624
- Marianne Williamson On Forgivenessviews: 1325
- Marianne Williamson-Mystical Power of Intimate Relationshipsviews: 1438
- "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us."
- "Forgiveness is not always easy. At times, it feels more painful than the wound we suffered, to forgive the one that inflicted it. And yet, there is no peace without forgiveness."
- "As we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence actually liberates others."
- "The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world."
- "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are."
- "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it."
- "May we not succumb to thoughts of violence and revenge today, but rather to thoughts of mercy and compassion. We are to love our enemies that they might be returned to their right minds."