Foundation of Teaching
Self-Help, Presence, Non-Duality, Power of Thought, Affirmations
Example of Teaching
“Every thought we think is creating our future. ”
Total Views: 9613
Louise L. Hay
Louise L. Hay is known as one of the founders of the self-help movement. Her first book, “Heal Your Body,” was published in 1976, long before it was fashionable to discuss the connection between the mind and body. Revised and expanded in 1988, this best-selling book introduced Louise’s concepts to people in 33 different countries and has been translated into 25 languages throughout the world.
Through Louise’s healing techniques and positive philosophy, millions have learned how to create more of what they want in their lives, including more wellness in their bodies, minds, and spirits. Her own personal philosophy was forged from her tormented upbringing. Her childhood was unstable and impoverished, and her teen years were marked by abuse. Louise ran away from home and ended up in New York City, where she became a model and married a prosperous businessman. Although it appeared that her life had turned around, it was not until the marriage ended 14 years later that her healing really began.
Louise started what would become her life’s work in New York City in 1970. She attended meetings at the Church of Religious Science and began training in the ministerial program. She became a popular speaker at the church, and soon found herself counseling clients. This work quickly blossomed into a full-time career. After several years, Louise compiled a reference guide detailing the mental causes of physical ailments, and developed positive thought patterns for reversing illness and creating health. This compilation was the basis for “Heal Your Body,” also known affectionately as “the little blue book.” She began traveling throughout the United States, lecturing and facilitating workshops on loving ourselves and healing our lives.
Louise was able to put her philosophies into practice when she was diagnosed with cancer. She considered the alternatives to surgery and drugs, and instead developed an intensive program of affirmations, visualization, nutritional cleansing, and psychotherapy. Within six months, she was completely healed of cancer.
In 1980, Louise moved back to her native Southern California, and it was here that she began putting her workshop methods on paper. In 1984, her new book, “You Can Heal Your Life,” was published. In it, Louise explains how our beliefs and ideas about ourselves are often the cause of our emotional problems and physical maladies and how, by using certain tools, we can change our thinking and our lives for the better.
Louise now heads Hay House, a successful publishing company. What began as a small venture in the living room of her home has turned into a prosperous corporation that has sold millions of books and tapes worldwide. In addition, The Hay Foundation is a non-profit organization established by Louise that encourages and financially supports diverse organizations which supply food, shelter, counseling, hospice care and money to those with Aids, battered women and other crises.
Articles and Posts
- Tips and Affirmations from Louise Hay & Cheryl Richardsonviews: 853
by Louise Hay & Cheryl Richardson: This past September, Hay House brought it’s “I Can Do It” conference to New York for the first time… and among the line-up of top speakers and authors was Louise Hay and Cheryl Richardson, [...]
- Learning Self Love: Louise Hay Mirror Workviews: 831
by Louise Hay: For nearly 40 years, Louise Hay has been teaching others about healing, the power of affirmations and learning to love themselves… One of the modalities she is famous for is her mirror work. In her newest book, “Mirror [...]
- Louise Hay On How To Overcome Your Fearsviews: 1609
by Louise Hay: Trusting the power within… Fear is becoming rampant on the planet. We can see it every day in the news. Fear is a lack of trust in ourselves, and because of this, we don’t trust Life. We [...]
- Louise L. Hay You Are Good Enough!views: 2231
By Louise Hay: Let that negative thinking go… A young man named Eric was a client of mine several years ago when I was seeing people privately. He was devastatingly handsome and made a good living as a model. He told [...]
- Louise L. Hay We Can Change the Worldviews: 3325
by Louise L. Hay: IF EACH ONE OF US who is reading this article would practice getting in touch with the treasures within us on a daily basis, we could literally change the world. People living the truth change the world. [...]
View all Articles and Posts
- “I am in the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing.”
- “Every thought we think is creating our future. ”
- "The road to freedom is through the doorway of forgiveness."
- “You have the power to heal your life, and you need to know that. We think so often that we are helpless, but we're not. We always have the power of our minds…Claim and consciously use your power."
- “Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.”
- "When people around me are negative, I say to myself, "It may be true for you, but it's not true for me."
- “I am willing to release the need to be unworthy. I am worthy of the very best in life, and I now lovingly allow myself to accept it."
- "Give up the mental struggle inside of you. Begin to allow yourself to totally enjoy your life as it is today."