Santa Cruz, California USA
Foundation of Teaching
Self-Realization, Love, Presence, Non-Duality
Example of Teaching
“In truth, there is no life outside of the present moment. Sooner or later, we must all come to terms with this simple fact.”
Total Views: 8784
Leonard Jacobson is deeply committed to helping others break through to the joyous experience of living in the NOW. He teaches how to become fundamentally present and how to arise in mastery of your mind and ego, so that you are no longer involuntarily pulled out of Presence. Leonard embodies a profound depth of Presence and his teachings are a powerful reminder that in truth, there is no life outside of this moment. He has been guiding people how to be present for over 30 years.
Leonard teaches that the fully awakened state of consciousness is available now. It is not something that occurs in the future. It is not something that we can arrive at through spiritual practice. It is already here, waiting to be revealed. As you awaken into the present moment, your thoughts will stop, your mind will fall silent, and you will awaken to an inner silence and peace that is beyond understanding. You will begin to encounter what the mystics and Masters have been speaking of for centuries.
One of the most significant aspects of Leonard’s teaching is his unique insight into the nature of the mind and ego. Leonard teaches us how to come into right relationship with the ego in a way that helps the ego to relax, and he teaches us how to integrate awakened consciousness into everyday life and relationships.
He is the founder of The Conscious Living Foundation, a registered non-profit organization. In 2005, he was awarded the Peace Prize by Religious Science International, although he is not affiliated or associated with any religion or church. His teaching is both inclusive of, and transcendent of, all religions and spiritual traditions. It is for all those genuinely seeking to awaken, and for all those who want to overcome the pain and limitations of the past, and open into a more loving and abundant world.
Leonard is the author of five books, Words from Silence, Journey into Now, Embracing the Present, Bridging Heaven & Earth and In Search of the Light, a winner of the Indie Children’s book award. Journey into Now has been translated into eight different languages. He lives near Santa Cruz , California with his life partner, Mary Bruggeman, and offers evening teaching sessions, weekend workshops, and longer residential retreats in the United States, Europe, Australia and Asia.
Articles and Posts
- Leonard Jacobson: The Walkviews: 297
by Leonard Jacobson: A man went for a walk one day. As he walked, he became aware that he was feeling lost and alone… Rather than push the feelings away, he allowed them to be present with him. “I’m lost. [...]
- Leonard Jacobson: What Is Enlightenment?views: 687
by Leonard Jacobson: Answer, There are a number of levels from which I can respond to your question… The first is to say that enlightenment is the awakened state of Being. When all thoughts have stopped and you are in a state [...]
- Leonard Jacobson How To Be With Anger And Rageviews: 422
by Leonard Jacobson: If we are to awaken, we will have to come into the right relationship with our feelings, including anger and rage… Anger is always a response to hurt or pain. It is an indication that you [...]
- Leonard Jacobson In the Present Moment, There Is No Deathviews: 798
by Leonard Jacobson: In the present moment, there is no death. Then where is death? It is somewhere in the future. When we are in the past and future world of the mind, we can anticipate the future. We can imagine [...]
- Leonard Jacobson Right Relationship With The Egoviews: 842
by Leonard Jacobson: If you are to awaken, you will have to come into right relationship with the ego, which means that you will have to master the art of being present… When you are present, you have transcended the mind [...]
View all Articles and Posts
- "Everything that happens is designed to awaken us. Everything."
- "We are on a journey of becoming that which we already are. That is the impossible paradox of our lives."
- "Whenever you see the love in me, know that it is the love in you that you are seeing."
- "The past is gone. The future never arrives. In truth, there is no life outside of this moment."
- "It is not until you awaken and become fully present that you will realize that you have not been present. It is not until you awaken that you will realize you have been asleep, dreaming that you are awake."
- "If you can see it, hear it, feel it, taste it, touch it, or smell it, you can be present with it. It is of the present moment, and so it brings to you the opportunity to be present with it."
- "We are here to wake up and then to celebrate.That is all we are here to do."