Ashland, Oregon USA
Foundation of Teaching
Self-Realization, Transpersonal Psychology, Social Artistry
Example of Teaching
“We all have the extraordinary coded within us, waiting to be released.”
Total Views: 7522
PMB 501 2305-C Ashland St
Ashland, OR 97520
Jean Houston PH.D.
Jean Houston, Ph.D., scholar, philosopher and researcher in Human Capacities, is one of the foremost visionary thinkers and doers of our time. She is long regarded as one of the principal founders of the Human Potential Movement. Dr. Houston is noted for her ability to combine a deep knowledge of history, culture, new science, spirituality and human development into her teaching. She is known for her inter-disciplinary perspective delivered in inspirational and humorous keynote addresses.
A prolific writer, Dr. Houston is the author of 26 books including “Jump Time”, “ A Passion for the Possible”, “Search for the Beloved”, “Life Force”, “The Possible Human”, “Public Like a Frog”, “A Mythic Life: Learning to Live Our Greater Story”, and “Manual of the Peacemaker”.
As Advisor to UNICEF in human and cultural development, she has worked around the world helping to implement some of their extensive educational programs. In September of 1999, she traveled to Dharamsala, India as a member of a group chosen to work with the Dalai Lama in a learning and advisory capacity. Dr. Houston has also served in an advisory capacity to President and Mrs. Clinton as well as assisting Mrs. Clinton in her writing of her book, “It Takes A Village: And Other Lessons Children Teach Us”. She has met with President and Mrs. Carter, and with leaders in many countries and cultures. As a high school student she worked closely with another First Lady of the United States, Eleanor Roosevelt, in developing strategies to introduce international awareness and United Nations work to young people.
Since 2003, she has been working with the United Nations Development Program, training leaders in human and cultural development as well as in Social Artistry, a community-leadership training program that she developed. Together with other international agencies and companies, over the last 45 years, Dr. Houston has worked in over 100 countries.
In 1965, along with her husband Dr. Robert Masters, Dr. Houston founded The Foundation for Mind Research. She is also the founder and principal teacher, since 1983, of the Mystery School, now called the Renaissance of Spirit, a school of human development, a program of cross-cultural, mythic and spiritual studies, dedicated to teaching history, philosophy, the New Physics, psychology, anthropology, and the many dimensions of human potential.
In 2008, the Jean Houston Foundation was formed to teach Social Artistry in the United States and overseas. This training has been conducted in Albania, the Eastern Caribbean, Kenya, Zambia, Nepal, and the Philippines.
Dr. Houston is considered one of the most evocative and entertaining speakers on aligning the human spirit, potential and action with the needs of the time. Her talks are legendary for their ability to inspire, inform and activate her audience. Her lifetime passion is to encourage the inherent possibilities, visions and capacities that lie within each person and/or group, and translate them into positive action.
Articles and Posts
- The Possible Human - Jean Houstonviews: 1539
by Jean Houston: When I was about two and a half years old, and my father and I were walking along a curb in Hollywood… Suddenly I began to kick the cars along the side of the road. “Stop that, [...]
- Jean Houston PhD 3 Keys to Living the Life You Wantviews: 1851
By Jean Houston PhD: As I travel around the globe speaking and training, I have consistently found that most people ask me the same question, “How do I discover my purpose in life?” In the past, who you became was [...]
- Jean Houston PhD Awakening Human Potentialviews: 2659
David: What was it that originally inspired your interest in awakening human potential? Jean: Well, when you ask questions of origins, one necessarily has to go way, way back. In a sense I was born for it. I am [...]
- Dr. Jean Houston Women Changing the Worldviews: 2503
by Randy Peyser: Dr. Jean Houston is one of the foremost visionaries of our time. One of the principal founders of the Human Potential Movement, Dr. Houston is the author of 26 books, including The Possible Human, A Mythic [...]
- Dr. Jean Houston Possible Human, Possible Worldviews: 2213
I’m Jeffrey Mishlove. Today we are going to explore human and cultural potential. With me in the studio is Dr. Jean Houston, a grand master in the field of human potential. Dr. Houston is the director of the Foundation for [...]
View all Articles and Posts
- Women Mystics and the Mystical Awakening - Jean Houstonviews: 2954
- Where The Real Work Of Humanity Begins - Jean Houstonviews: 1725
- Discover and Deepen Your Potential with Jean Houstonviews: 3501
- Jean Houston at the Garrison Instituteviews: 4039
- Dr. Jean Houston: The Wizard of Us views: 2855
- Possible Human, Possible Worldviews: 3925
- "I firmly believe that all human beings have access to extraordinary energies and powers. Judging from accounts of mystical experience, heightened creativity, or exceptional performance by athletes and artists, we harbor a greater life than we know."
- "At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities."
- "Our senses are indeed our doors and windows on this world, in a very real sense the key to the unlocking of meaning and the wellspring of creativity."
- "The tendrils of a new, deeper form of spirituality are growing. It's the greening under the surface crust of consciousness and social paradigm."
- "The ecological crisis is doing what no other crisis in history has ever done - challenging us to a realization of a new humanity."