Fairfield, Iowa USA
Foundation of Teaching
Self-Realization, Love, Passion, Following Your Dreams
Example of Teaching
“Passion arises from the heart, and your heart’s impulse is more likely to be closer to the truth than your mind’s analysis.”
Total Views: 6998
Janet Bray Attwood is the co-author of the New York Times Bestseller, “The Passion Test-The Effortless Path To Discovering Your Life Purpose”, and co-author of “From Sad to Glad: 7 Steps to Facing Change with Love and Power”.
As an expert on what it takes to live a passionate life, she has shared the stage with, The Dalai Lama, Sir Richard Branson, Jack Canfield, Lisa Nichols, and other top transformational leaders.
Janet’s programs include: The Passion Test Certification™ and The Passion Test for Business ™, with facilitators from around the world. Janet’s other programs include, The Passion Test for Coaches™, (accredited by the ICF) The Passion Test for Teens™, The Passion Test for Kids™, The Passion Test Reclaim Your Power Program for the homeless™, and, The Passion Test Empowered Youth Program™, for kids in lockdown detention centers™.
For her ongoing work with homeless women and youth in detention centers, Janet received the highest award for volunteer service in the U.S. from the President of the United States, The Presidents Volunteer Service Award.
Prior to becoming a top transformational leader, Janet worked in the corporate world. She was the marketing director for the 3rd largest book buyer in the United States, Books Are Fun. It was during her tenure that the company was purchased by Readers Digest for 360 million dollars.
Janet lives in a community of over 3,000 meditator’s from around the world in Fairfield, Iowa, and has been a practitioner and teacher of the Transcendental Meditation Program for over 40 years.
She is a certified facilitator of “The Work of Byron Katie” and a facilitator of the environmental symposium “Awakening the Dreamer – Changing the Dream”. Janet is President of an organization in India, called, “The World United” whose sole purpose is to promote conscious, healthy and sustainable choices for a better world.
She is also on the advisory board for The Center for Management in Mumbai, India, which promotes international business qualifications in India. Janet is a founding member of the Transformational Leadership Council that Jack Canfield, the co-author of the Chicken Soup Series, put together after taking Janet’s Passion Test.
Articles and Posts
- Vasant Paranjape - A Saint Speaks Out - Janet Attwoodviews: 3133
By Janet Attwood: Vasant Paranjape, at 84 years of youth, is an amazing man who today is the world’s most vocal proponent of the value of Agni Hotra, or the ancient Vedic fire ceremony, for health and organic farming. In [...]
- Janet Bray Attwood The One Secret To Living a Passionate Lifeviews: 2348
by Janet Bray Attwood: Ever worked in a job you just couldn’t stand? That was me many years ago. My office was filled with recruiters making tens of thousands of dollars every month. Each time a placement was made for another [...]
- Janet Attwood Find and Keep Your Passions Aliveviews: 2332
by Janet Attwood: Discover your life purpose and undo the limiting beliefs holding you back. Join Janet Bray Attwood, New York Times bestselling author of the Passion Test, to you uncover the secret whisperings of your heart. Attwood has [...]
- An Interview with Janet Attwoodviews: 2389
Janet Attwood: Walter Perschke: Tell us about yourself. What was the path that led you to where you are today?Janet Attwood: I was in a job as a recruiter in Silicon Valley and failing miserably. I didn’t realize that recruiting [...]
- Resigning as General Manager of the Universeviews: 2106
By Chris Attwood and Janet Bray Attwood: A break from the busyness of life (and your need for control) can help you find higher purpose and passion. “I’m exhausted,” Marci Shimoff told me [Janet], her best friend. “You just can’t keep [...]
View all Articles and Posts
- Dialogues with the Masters Volume 1 - Janet Attwoodviews: 2190
- Janet Attwood Talks About Loveviews: 2506
- Deva Premal and Miten - The Hidden Riches in Ritual views: 2286
- Janet Attwood "The Passion Test" at Expert Summitviews: 1994
- Janet Attwood Interviewed by Kayley Grace (Pt. 3)views: 1952
- Janet Attwood Interviewed by Kayley Grace (Pt. 2)views: 1895
- “One of our favorite sayings is: "Fear is vividly imagining exactly what you don't want to happen, happening.”
- “The happier you are, the more attractive you will be to those you love and cherish. As a great teacher once said, "Happiness radiates like the fragrance from a flower and draws all good things toward you.”
- “Passions change and morph over time as one comes to know and understand oneself more deeply. As you follow your passions, you will find yourself drawn irresistibly onward until one day, you wake up and find you are living a passionate life, filled with a sense of destiny.”
- “To have absolute success in any area, the most important prerequisite must be that you have a passion for doing it.”
- “Passions are how you live your life. Goals are the things you choose to create in your life. For example, one of Jack's passions is "being a multimillionaire." Even if Jack wasn't already a multimillionaire, his passion would be stated as "being a multimillionaire." However, he may have a goal to earn $2 million dollars in the next year. What's the difference? A passion is how you choose to live your life. Jack chooses to live life as a multimillionaire. A goal is something you aim to achieve. The goal could be stated "To earn $2 million dollars within the next year.”
- “Passions are about process. Goals are about outcomes.”