Foundation of Teaching
Self-Realization, Presence, Jungian, Divine Feminine
Example of Teaching
“Having a body that is like a musical instrument, open enough to be able to resonate, literally resonate with what is coming both from the inside and from the outside, so that one is able to surrender to powers greater than oneself.”
Total Views: 9096
Marion Woodman is a mythopoetic author, an international teacher, work- shop leader and Jungian analyst. Marion studied at the Jung Institute in Zurich, Switzerland. With over half a million books in print, she is one of the most widely read authors on analytical and feminine psychology focusing on psyche and soma of our time. Marion is a force in the women’s movement.
Born in London, Ontario, the Canadian, analyst and teacher is the co-founder of the Marion Woodman Foundation and BodySoul Rhythms – a program based on Jungian psychology. The Foundation actively conducts workshops throughout the US and in Australia, Mexico and Brazil.
Ms. Woodman is the author of “Addiction to Perfection,” “The Owl Was a Baker’s Daughter,” “The Pregnant Virgin,” “The Ravaged Bridegroom,” and is co-author of “Coming Home to Myself” (with Jill Mellick), “The Maiden King” (with Robert Bly) and “Dancing in the Flames” (with Elinor Dickson).
Woodman has released a CD entitled “Crown of Age.” This “crown”, Woodman says, symbolizes the culmination of one’s internal and external development as human beings. And only a lifetime of experience confers the crown.
So why this “sudden” interest in aging? “I feel my bones starting to rattle a bit,” Woodman says. She says that our culture only sees the elderly in terms of their infirmities and frailties. “We do not see or value the aged in their own right,”
Woodman offers her thoughts on aging, compassion and death and she leaves us with this: “Life is magnificent. It’s the now that matters.”
Articles and Posts
- Marion Woodman 8 Ways of Looking at Power: The Power of the Feminineviews: 39029
We’ve invented the wheel, cracked the code of DNA—so what’s next for humankind? Marion Woodman, a pioneering Jungian analyst and the author of ten books, believes that individuals and societies were meant to grow. And our best chance for growth, [...]
- A Speech by Marion Woodman: Conscious Femininityviews: 1942
The following is a transcript of the keynote speech delivered by Marion Woodman at the 3rd Annual Women & Power Conference, organized by Omega Institute and V-Day in September 2004. Thank you very much ladies. Thank you very much for [...]
- Men Are From Earth And So Are Womenviews: 2018
Marion Woodman On The Inner Marriage Of The True Masculine And The True Feminine by JAMES KULLANDERMy interest in Woodman’s work goes back fourteen years, to when I read her 1992 book Leaving My Father’s House: A Journey to Conscious Femininity (Shambhala). [...]
- Marion Woodman is an author, international lecturer, Jungian Analyst, Poet, And Feminist Movement Leaderviews: 2360
by Crystal Green, Ph.D: Once an English teacher, Marion Woodman is one of 2012’s spiritual leaders according to AWAKEN. Woodman is an author, international lecturer, Jungian analyst, poet, and feminist movement leader who have garnered both praise and criticism for her [...]
- Marion Woodman: Dancing in the Flamesviews: 1578
The evolution of Jungian psychology owes a great deal to the work of Marion Woodman, a renowned analyst and author who is a pioneer in the understanding of the role of feminine principles in the healing of the human psyche. [...]
View all Articles and Posts
- "Healing depends on listening with the inner ear - stopping the incessant blather, and listening. Fear keeps us chattering - fear that wells up from the past, fear of blurting out what we really fear, fear of future repercussions. It is our very fear of the future that distorts the now that could lead to a different future if we dared to be whole in the present."
- "Having a body that is like a musical instrument, open enough to be able to resonate, literally resonate with what is coming both from the inside and from the outside, so that one is able to surrender to powers greater than oneself."
- "I can tell you that it takes great strength to surrender. You have to know that you are not going to collapse. Instead, you are going to open to a power that you don't even know, and it is going to come to meet you. In the process of healing, this is one of the huge things that I have discovered. People recognized the energy coming to meet them. When they opened to another energy, a love, a divine love, came through to meet them. That is what is known as grace. We all sing about amazing grace. It is a gift. I think that it comes through the work that we do. For some people, it can come out of the blue, but I know that in my own situation, the grace came through incredible vigilance."
- “Love is the real power. It's the energy that cherishes. The more you work with that energy, the more you will see how people respond naturally to it, and the more you will want to use it. It brings out your creativity, and helps everyone around you flower. Your children, the people you work with--everyone blooms.”
- "The longing for sweets is really a yearning for love or 'sweetness."