Maui, Hawaii USA
Foundation of Teaching
The Power of Intention, Self-Help, Motivation, Presence, Affirmation, Non-Duality
Example of Teaching
“A mind at peace, a mind centered and not focused on harming others, is stronger than any physical force in the universe.”
Total Views: 12900
Dr. Wayne Dyer
Wayne W. Dyer, PH.D., is an internationally renowned author and speaker in the field of self-development. He’s the author of over 30 books, has created many audio programs and videos, and has appeared on thousands of television and radio shows.
His books “Manifest Your Destiny,” “Wisdom of the Ages,” “There’s a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem,” and the New York Times bestsellers “10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace,” “The Power of Intention,” “Inspiration, Change Your Thoughts—Change Your Life,” “Excuses Begone,” and now “Wishes Fulfilled” have all been featured as National Public Television specials.
Dyer told readers to pursue self actualization, calling reliance on the self as a guide to “religious” experience, and suggested that readers emulate Jesus Christ, whom he termed both an example of a self-actualized person, and a “preacher of self-reliance”. Dyer criticized societal focus on guilt, which he saw as an unhealthy immobilization in the present due to actions taken in the past. He advocated readers to see how parents, institutions, and even they, themselves, have imposed guilt trips upon themselves.
Although Dyer initially resisted the spiritual tag, by the 1990s he had altered his message to include more components of spirituality when he wrote the book “Real Magic,” and discussed higher consciousness, in the book “Your Sacred Self.”
Dyer holds a Doctorate in Educational Counseling from Wayne State University and was an associate professor at St. John’s University in New York.
Dr. Wayne Dyer is affectionately called the “father of motivation” by his fans. Despite his childhood spent in orphanages and foster homes, Dr. Dyer has overcome many obstacles to make his dreams come true. Today he spends much of his time showing others how to do the same.
When he’s not traveling the globe delivering his uplifting message, Wayne is writing from his home in Maui.
Articles and Posts
- How To Forgive Someone Who Has Hurt You: In 15 Stepsviews: 431
by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer: Forgiving others is essential for spiritual growth… Your experience of someone who has hurt you, while painful, is now nothing more that a thought or feeling that you carry around. These thoughts of resentment, anger, and hatred [...]
- Reconnecting to Your Wellbeing - Dr. Wayne Dyerviews: 811
by Dr Wayne Dyer: Our proclivity toward addictive behaviors subsides measurably as we begin to practice reconnecting to our Source of being… Many books have been written on the subject of overcoming addictions. There are countless rehabilitation programs and centers [...]
- Your Purpose Will Find You - Dr Wayne W. Dyerviews: 1195
by Dr Wayne W. Dyer: In a previous chapter, I reviewed the obstacles to connecting to intention and pointed out that our thoughts are one of the major roadblocks… I stressed that we become what we think about all day [...]
- We’re made up of stardust - Dr. Wayne Dryerviews: 1414
Dr. Wayne Dryer: Our body is made up of chemicals, far too many for me to elaborate here, but some of them are iron, magnesium, calcium, nitrogen, hydrogen… and on and on goes the list. These chemicals are part of [...]
- How May I Serve? An Interview with Wayne Dyerviews: 1574
by Ray Hemachandra: I love talking to Wayne Dyer. First of all, the breadth and depth of thought across disciplines he brings to a conversation are amazing… I always learn new and important things. Secondly, the last time he saw me, he exclaimed, [...]
View all Articles and Posts
- Dy Wayne Dyer: The Shiftviews: 3692
- Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Lifeviews: 3230
- Dr. Wayne Dyer's Top 5 Motivational Speeches of all Time (Video)views: 4080
- Dr. Wayne W. Dyer Live Flowing With the Taoviews: 3857
- How to Get What You Really Wantviews: 2860
- The Awakened Lifeviews: 3401
- "Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
- "How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours." When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
- "A mind at peace, a mind centered and not focused on harming others, is stronger than any physical force in the universe."
- "It makes no sense to worry about things you have no control over because there's nothing you can do about them, and why worry about things you do control? The activity of worrying keeps you immobilized."
- "Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life."
- "You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with."
- "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
- "Love is the ability and willingness to allow those that you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you."