Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Foundation of Teaching
Self-Realization, Presence, Non-Duality, The Power of Now
Example of Teaching
“The past has no power over the present moment.”
Total Views: 11366
Eckhart is a spiritual teacher and author who was born in Germany and educated at the Universities of London and Cambridge. His partner in life, Kim Eng, is a counselor and public speaker, as well as a facilitator of Presence through Movement workshops.
At the age of 29, a profound inner transformation radically changed the course of his life. The next few years were devoted to understanding, integrating and deepening that transformation, which marked the beginning of an intense inward journey.
Later, he began to work in London with individuals and small groups as a counselor and spiritual teacher. Since 1995 he has lived in Vancouver, Canada. Eckhart Tolle is the author of the #1 New York Timesbestseller “The Power of Now” (translated into 33 languages) and the highly acclaimed follow-up “A New Earth,” which are widely regarded as two of the most influential spiritual books of our time.
Eckhart’s profound yet simple teachings have already helped countless people throughout the world find inner peace and greater fulfillment in their lives. At the core of the teachings lies the transformation of consciousness, a spiritual awakening that he sees as the next step in human evolution. An essential aspect of this awakening consists in transcending our ego-based state of consciousness. This is a prerequisite not only for personal happiness but also for the ending of violence on our planet.
Eckhart is a sought-after public speaker and teaches and travels extensively throughout the world. Many of his talks, intensives and retreats are published on CD and DVD. Most of the teachings are given in English, but occasionally Eckhart also gives talks in German and Spanish. In addition to “The Power of Now” and “A New Earth,” Eckhart has written a book designed for meditative reading entitled Stillness Speaks. A book consisting of selections from “The Power of Now” is also available, entitled “Practicing the Power of Now.”
Articles and Posts
- Eckhart Tolle Interviews "Awaken" About Awakeningviews: 4516
This interview took place in front of 650 people at a retreat with Eckhart Tolle and Kim Eng in Norway in September 2015. David Welch: Thank you Eckhart. Eckhart Tolle: Yes. David: How would you describe the process of [...]
- A Moment’s Bliss: An Interview With Eckhart Tolleviews: 6113
by Ray Hemachandra: With the 1999 release of The Power of Now, a The New York Times No. 1 bestselling book about the spiritual power of living in the moment,.. Eckhart Tolle became one of the most popular and influential authors in the mind/body/spirit marketplace, [...]
- Eckhart Tolle On Making Money, Alignment With Life, And The Present Momentviews: 994
by Ray Hemachandra: Ray Hemachandra –How practical is the practice of alignment with the present moment? For example, is making money at odds with an enlightened mode of being? Eckhart Tolle: If the main purpose of what you do is making money, then of [...]
- Awakening To Your Life's Purposeviews: 1154
by Kathy Juline: Eckhart Tolle’s first bestseller, The Power of Now, has riveted readers with its enlightened insights… Staying in the present moment, he says in that book, is the way to eliminate the suffering created through identifying with the mind. In [...]
- The Awakening Of Eckhart Tolleviews: 1327
By Paula Coppel: On a recent visit to Unity Village, best-selling author and spiritual teacher Eckhart Tolle opened up to talk about his life, his awakening and the teachings that are changing the world. Unity Magazine: In The Power of [...]
View all Articles and Posts
- Inner Peace: How To Calm The Negative Voices In Your Headviews: 1119
- Presence Is Already Innate Within Us - Eckhart Tolleviews: 1361
- How to Access Reality Beyond Thought - Eckhart Tolleviews: 1548
- "The past has no power over the present moment."
- "The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it."
- "Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance."
- "To love is to recognize yourself in another."
- "Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on."
- "Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment."
- "Life isn't as serious as the mind makes it out to be."