Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Foundation of Teaching
Self-Realization, Presence, Non-Duality, The Power of Now
Example of Teaching
“The past has no power over the present moment.”
Total Views: 12502
Eckhart is a spiritual teacher and author who was born in Germany and educated at the Universities of London and Cambridge. His partner in life, Kim Eng, is a counselor and public speaker, as well as a facilitator of Presence through Movement workshops.
At the age of 29, a profound inner transformation radically changed the course of his life. The next few years were devoted to understanding, integrating and deepening that transformation, which marked the beginning of an intense inward journey.
Later, he began to work in London with individuals and small groups as a counselor and spiritual teacher. Since 1995 he has lived in Vancouver, Canada. Eckhart Tolle is the author of the #1 New York Timesbestseller “The Power of Now” (translated into 33 languages) and the highly acclaimed follow-up “A New Earth,” which are widely regarded as two of the most influential spiritual books of our time.
Eckhart’s profound yet simple teachings have already helped countless people throughout the world find inner peace and greater fulfillment in their lives. At the core of the teachings lies the transformation of consciousness, a spiritual awakening that he sees as the next step in human evolution. An essential aspect of this awakening consists in transcending our ego-based state of consciousness. This is a prerequisite not only for personal happiness but also for the ending of violence on our planet.
Eckhart is a sought-after public speaker and teaches and travels extensively throughout the world. Many of his talks, intensives and retreats are published on CD and DVD. Most of the teachings are given in English, but occasionally Eckhart also gives talks in German and Spanish. In addition to “The Power of Now” and “A New Earth,” Eckhart has written a book designed for meditative reading entitled Stillness Speaks. A book consisting of selections from “The Power of Now” is also available, entitled “Practicing the Power of Now.”
Articles and Posts
- Eckhart Tolle And The Christian Traditionviews: 597
by Richard Rohr, OFM: Although Eckhart Tolle is arousing great interest today, many think he is a novelty, New Age, or even non-religious… The process—and that is what it is—that he is teaching, can be traced through the Greek and Latin traditions [...]
- The Bedsit Epiphany - Eckhart Tolleviews: 599
by Oliver Burkeman: Eckhart Tolle, Oprah Winfrey’s favourite guru, has sold more books than almost any other spiritual author. So what’s his Easter message? When Eckhart Tolle was 29, he says, he underwent a cataclysmic and terrifying spiritual experience that erased his [...]
- I’m Bored And I’d Like To Change Jobs. How Can I find Out What Will Give Me Joy And A Feeling Of Meaningfulness?views: 1091
by Eckhart Tolle: You always start with the present moment. You start with where you are rather than trying to get away from where you are… I suggest, when you travel to work every morning, that you enter the state of presence rather than [...]
- Why Humanity Is On The Cusp Of An Evolutionary Leapviews: 1045
by Eckhart Tolle: Eckhart Tolle Summaries The Journey From Sleep To Spiritual Awakening… You are a human being. These two words not only describe who you are as a member of a particular species but, if examined more deeply, also point [...]
- Peace Summit With Dalai Lama And Eckhart Tolleviews: 910
by Catherine Ingram: You know you’re in a pretty hip city when its main newspaper’s weekend edition has the Dalai Lama as its guest editor… along with his big smiling mug taking up most of the front page. The theme of the [...]
View all Articles and Posts
- Inner Peace: How To Calm The Negative Voices In Your Headviews: 1565
- Presence Is Already Innate Within Us - Eckhart Tolleviews: 1701
- How to Access Reality Beyond Thought - Eckhart Tolleviews: 2128
- "The past has no power over the present moment."
- "The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it."
- "Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance."
- "To love is to recognize yourself in another."
- "Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on."
- "Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment."
- "Life isn't as serious as the mind makes it out to be."