Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Foundation of Teaching
Self-Realization, Presence, Non-Duality, The Power of Now
Example of Teaching
“The past has no power over the present moment.”
Total Views: 9126
Eckhart is a spiritual teacher and author who was born in Germany and educated at the Universities of London and Cambridge. His partner in life, Kim Eng, is a counselor and public speaker, as well as a facilitator of Presence through Movement workshops.
At the age of 29, a profound inner transformation radically changed the course of his life. The next few years were devoted to understanding, integrating and deepening that transformation, which marked the beginning of an intense inward journey.
Later, he began to work in London with individuals and small groups as a counselor and spiritual teacher. Since 1995 he has lived in Vancouver, Canada. Eckhart Tolle is the author of the #1 New York Timesbestseller “The Power of Now” (translated into 33 languages) and the highly acclaimed follow-up “A New Earth,” which are widely regarded as two of the most influential spiritual books of our time.
Eckhart’s profound yet simple teachings have already helped countless people throughout the world find inner peace and greater fulfillment in their lives. At the core of the teachings lies the transformation of consciousness, a spiritual awakening that he sees as the next step in human evolution. An essential aspect of this awakening consists in transcending our ego-based state of consciousness. This is a prerequisite not only for personal happiness but also for the ending of violence on our planet.
Eckhart is a sought-after public speaker and teaches and travels extensively throughout the world. Many of his talks, intensives and retreats are published on CD and DVD. Most of the teachings are given in English, but occasionally Eckhart also gives talks in German and Spanish. In addition to “The Power of Now” and “A New Earth,” Eckhart has written a book designed for meditative reading entitled Stillness Speaks. A book consisting of selections from “The Power of Now” is also available, entitled “Practicing the Power of Now.”
Articles and Posts
- Arjuna Ardagh - What Is "Translucent Cinema?"views: 536
by Arjuna Ardagh: There are so many reasons why we watch movies… We go out to a theater or click the rent button on iTunes or Amazon with so many different motivations, and hence we are affected by what we [...]
- A Conversation With Barnet Bain And Eckhart Tolleviews: 660
Milton’s Secret is a live action film for the whole family. Based on a book by Eckhart Tolle (Author of The Power of Now & A New Earth) and Robert Friedman (Publisher of Conversations with God), the film will [...]
- 30 Pearls of Wisdom from Eckhart Tolleviews: 637
Eckhart Tolle is a world-renown spiritual teacher and the author of the books “The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment” and “A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose” , both of which have sold in the millions… [...]
- Eckhart Tolle Interviews "Awaken" About Awakeningviews: 2929
This interview took place in front of 650 people at a retreat with Eckhart Tolle and Kim Eng in Norway in September 2015. David Welch: Thank you Eckhart. Eckhart Tolle: Yes. David: How would you describe the process of [...]
- 27 Life Changing Lessons To Learn From Eckhart Tolleviews: 1189
I love Eckhart Tolle. I remember reading his book, The Power of Now in 2010 and from that moment on… whenever I feel that my mind is drifting, making too much noise and keeping me from being fully present and [...]
View all Articles and Posts
- Eckhart Tolle Teaches How To Rise Above Thoughtsviews: 1232
- Watch Eckhart Tolle Explain What Karma Is, What He Thinks Of Facebook, And His Definition Of Godviews: 1248
- Oprah Winfrey´s Soul Series With Eckhart Tolle (Part 2)views: 811
- "The past has no power over the present moment."
- "The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it."
- "Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance."
- "To love is to recognize yourself in another."
- "Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on."
- "Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment."
- "Life isn't as serious as the mind makes it out to be."