Carlsbad, California USA
Foundation of Teaching
Self-Realization, Presence, Alternative Healing, Quantum Healing, Leadership
Example of Teaching
“The possibility of stepping into a higher plane is quite real for everyone. It requires no force or effort or sacrifice. It involves little more than changing our ideas about what is normal.”
Total Views: 10272
Deepak Chopra, M.D.
Deepak Chopra, MD, is one of the best known and widely respected leaders in the field of mind/body medicine in the world today. Integrating the ancient Indian science of Ayurveda with traditional Western medicine and recent discoveries in the field of quantum physics, he forged a holistic approach to healing that has had enormous popular appeal as well as widespread professional acceptance.
Deepak is the author of more than 65 books, including numerous New York Times bestsellers. His medical training is in internal medicine and endocrinology, and he is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians, a member of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, and an adjunct professor of Executive Programs at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. He is also a Distinguished Executive Scholar at Columbia Business School, Columbia University, and a Senior Scientist at the Gallup organization.
In 1995, he established The Chopra Center for Well Being in California, and is among the founding directors of the Alliance for the New Humanity. Chopra is the recipient of the Einstein Award through Albert Einstein College of Medicine in collaboration with the American Journal of Psychotherapy.
Time magazine hailed Chopra one of the top one hundred heroes and icons of the twentieth century, and credits him as “the poet-prophet of alternative medicine.”
“Deepak Chopra has successfully blended ancient Vedanta Philosophy with his unique perspective on modern medicine to provide a vast audience with solutions that meet many needs for our modern age. He is among the influential scholars, authors, and thinkers like Arthur Schopenhauer, Carl Jung, and Aldous Huxley who have found truth in the Perennial Philosophy and developed ways to help people apply that truth to their daily lives.”
Articles and Posts
- The Science of Miracles: Perception Versus Realityviews: 399
by Deepak Chopra: In its ambition to explain every aspect of the natural world, modern science has sidestepped very few problems. Some mysteries are so difficult that they defy the scientific method. It’s hard to conceive of experiments that will [...]
- Deepak Chopra’s 4-Step Mindful Practice To Enrich Your Lifeviews: 1833
by Deepak Chopra: A pioneer in the field of mind-body medicine and author of dozens of best-selling books on Eastern philosophy and personal transformation… Deepak Chopra, MD, is known for bringing traditional wisdom to contemporary issues. In his latest book, The Future [...]
- Brotherhood -Deepak Chopraviews: 318
In Brotherhood, Deepak and Sanjiv Chopra reveal the story of their personal struggles and triumphs as doctors, immigrants, and brothers. They were born in the ferment of liberated India after 1947, as an age-old culture reinvented its future. For the [...]
- Why You Are Already A Natural Meditatorviews: 310
by Deepak Chopra, M.D.: Meditation has a short history in this country, and it’s gratifying that the history has been so positive… No longer is closing your eyes to mediate considered exotic, Eastern, or strange. There is so much research on the benefits [...]
- A Spiritual Mystery: Does God Listen To Prayers? - Deepak Chopra (Part II)views: 593
by Deepak Chopra, M.D: To say that prayers are answered isn’t the same as saying that God answers prayers… In the first case, a thought manifests as reality. You wish, intend, or ask for an outcome, and the outcome appears. In the [...]
View all Articles and Posts
- Deepak Chopra MD Expanded Awareness and Successviews: 3319
- Consciousness - A conversation with Deepak Chopra MD and Stuart Hameroff (video)views: 2700
- Deepak Chopra MD How to Slow down the Aging Process and Change Your Biological Ageviews: 3002
- Deepak Chopra endorses Marianne Williamson for Congressviews: 2097
- Big Idea 2014: You Will Transform Your Own Biologyviews: 2401
- Five Ways to Change Someone Else's Mindviews: 3754
View all Videos
- "The less you open your heart to others, the more your heart suffers."
- "If you create any open space within yourself, love will fill it."
- "Discover your own discontent, and be grateful, for without divine discontent there would be no creative force."
- "Uncertainty is the fertile ground of pure creativity and freedom."
- "The possibility of stepping into a higher plane is quite real for everyone. It requires no force or effort or sacrifice. It involves little more than changing our ideas about what is normal."
- "What does not contain love must contain an illusion."
- "Love doesn't need reason. It speaks from the irrational wisdom of the heart."
- "Love is the beginning of the journey, its end, and the journey itself."