Carlsbad, California USA
Foundation of Teaching
Self-Realization, Presence, Alternative Healing, Quantum Healing, Leadership
Example of Teaching
“The possibility of stepping into a higher plane is quite real for everyone. It requires no force or effort or sacrifice. It involves little more than changing our ideas about what is normal.”
Total Views: 10822
Deepak Chopra, M.D.
Deepak Chopra, MD, is one of the best known and widely respected leaders in the field of mind/body medicine in the world today. Integrating the ancient Indian science of Ayurveda with traditional Western medicine and recent discoveries in the field of quantum physics, he forged a holistic approach to healing that has had enormous popular appeal as well as widespread professional acceptance.
Deepak is the author of more than 65 books, including numerous New York Times bestsellers. His medical training is in internal medicine and endocrinology, and he is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians, a member of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, and an adjunct professor of Executive Programs at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. He is also a Distinguished Executive Scholar at Columbia Business School, Columbia University, and a Senior Scientist at the Gallup organization.
In 1995, he established The Chopra Center for Well Being in California, and is among the founding directors of the Alliance for the New Humanity. Chopra is the recipient of the Einstein Award through Albert Einstein College of Medicine in collaboration with the American Journal of Psychotherapy.
Time magazine hailed Chopra one of the top one hundred heroes and icons of the twentieth century, and credits him as “the poet-prophet of alternative medicine.”
“Deepak Chopra has successfully blended ancient Vedanta Philosophy with his unique perspective on modern medicine to provide a vast audience with solutions that meet many needs for our modern age. He is among the influential scholars, authors, and thinkers like Arthur Schopenhauer, Carl Jung, and Aldous Huxley who have found truth in the Perennial Philosophy and developed ways to help people apply that truth to their daily lives.”
Articles and Posts
- 7 Steps To Embracing Mind-Body Wholeness In The New Yearviews: 282
by Deepak Chopra, M.D.: If you want next year to be better than ever, you need to think about making changes… meaning improvements—in your life. Instead of picking out a single bad habit or negative part of your life, which is how [...]
- Deepak Chopra On Achieving Mind-Body Balanceviews: 500
by Deepak Chopra: A conversation with the Longevity Innovator and personal transformation icon… (Advances in science and public health are increasing longevity and enhancing the quality of life for people around the world. In this series of interviews with the Milken [...]
- Why God Is A Verb, Not A Noun - Deepak Chopraviews: 699
by Deepak Chopra: The practice of medicine, which I began after moving from India to the United States in 1971, is an odd opening to God… But finding out what’s wrong with a patient comes close to being a spiritual [...]
- Nothing Is Coincidental—Everything Is Meaningful - Deepak Chopra, M.D.views: 973
by Deepak Chopra, M.D.: The word “synchronicity” has become popular for describing coincidences that seem to come out of nowhere… You think someone’s name, and a few minutes later the person calls. You want to read a certain book, and without telling [...]
- The Science of Miracles: Perception Versus Realityviews: 836
by Deepak Chopra: In its ambition to explain every aspect of the natural world, modern science has sidestepped very few problems. Some mysteries are so difficult that they defy the scientific method. It’s hard to conceive of experiments that will [...]
View all Articles and Posts
- Deepak Chopra MD Expanded Awareness and Successviews: 3645
- Consciousness - A conversation with Deepak Chopra MD and Stuart Hameroff (video)views: 2970
- Deepak Chopra MD How to Slow down the Aging Process and Change Your Biological Ageviews: 3280
- Deepak Chopra endorses Marianne Williamson for Congressviews: 2385
- Big Idea 2014: You Will Transform Your Own Biologyviews: 2645
- Five Ways to Change Someone Else's Mindviews: 4088
View all Videos
- "The less you open your heart to others, the more your heart suffers."
- "If you create any open space within yourself, love will fill it."
- "Discover your own discontent, and be grateful, for without divine discontent there would be no creative force."
- "Uncertainty is the fertile ground of pure creativity and freedom."
- "The possibility of stepping into a higher plane is quite real for everyone. It requires no force or effort or sacrifice. It involves little more than changing our ideas about what is normal."
- "What does not contain love must contain an illusion."
- "Love doesn't need reason. It speaks from the irrational wisdom of the heart."
- "Love is the beginning of the journey, its end, and the journey itself."